A Music Passion

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
? https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/vanessa-fernandez-i-want-you/hnum/9106475

? https://www.musicdirect.com/optical-disc/Vanessa-Fernandez-I-Want-You-(Hybrid-Stereo-SACD)
?? https://www.musicdirect.com/Store?slug=Vanessa-Fernandez-I-Want-You-(180g-45rpm-Vinyl-2LP)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm a Grace Jones' fan ...

_____

If you're a fan too I recommend this documentary:

It is a good plunge into one great artist, the queen of fashion disco/electrifying rhythm music beats. The camera alternates between live tunes on stage and with interviews while travelling and visiting her family. It is excellent to get a better hang on the magical Grace and what she is about in real life...a very nice lady. She has charisma, class, love, she's a womanshow of high intoxicating caliber.

"Beginning in 1977, Jones embarked on a music career, securing a record deal with Island Records and initially becoming a star of New York City's Studio 54-centered disco scene. In the early 1980s, she moved toward a new wavestyle that drew on reggae, funk, post-punk and pop music, frequently collaborating with both the graphic designer Jean-Paul Goude and the musical duo Sly & Robbie. Her most popular albums include Warm Leatherette (1980), Nightclubbing (1981), and Slave to the Rhythm(1985). She scored Top 40 entries on the UK Singles Chart with "Pull Up to the Bumper", "I've Seen That Face Before", "Private Life", and "Slave to the Rhythm".

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The power & the glory of music in films ...

Stanley Kubrick was very focused on all aspects of his films.
He was extremely demanding from his actors and crews.
He knew exactly what he wanted and inflicted great pain to some people in order to fulfill his diabolical sadism. ...A cinema way of speech. And his actors submitted on the verge of masochism. That's why his films are so powerful classics, including the best sci-fi flick of all times. ...And way way ahead of his time, back in 1968.

I agree with his own music selections for 2001: A Space Audyssey*, as well for all his other films.
The guy might have been a maniac but delightfully represented in his films, in high panache.
...The very very good and the very very bad ... with passionate music to accompany the onscreen moving pictures.

* Odyssey.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing