A Music Passion

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Marc, in the Neil Peart's thread (RIP), you emphasized the man as being simple, a great purist, lyrist, drummer without looking for fame. Any sane person living on planet Earth not learning more about Neil would be like living without touching what we see, ear, smell and taste.

The last few days I'm discovering much more and just today one of my sisters made some comments and had few questions about him (because I shared some of his lyrics with a close family circle of friends).

She said to me earlier: "Robert, I first thought you wrote those, but then I saw his name @ the bottom of the quotes. I was sure it was from you, you are in that same space."

I replied to her: "Oh really Jose?"

? Neil Peart is a true musician with deep passion; the life he lived is the life of deep soul drumming heartbeat. ...On and off stage. He's a person of interest to discover more; his writings, his drumming, his experience, his music passion.
Like you I'm reading several articles about what his friends have to say...his presence is closer by the minute, like the snow falling through my window now blowing by the wind.
And I also understand much more why you are touched; his words, his life, his music, ... they are so close to all of us.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Picked up CD soundtrack of "The Mission" today. Never heard of the movie, not a cinema person. Glad I decided to look this up before sitting down to listen.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing