A Music Passion

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
I have that CD ^

Same here. This is an excellent album too:

Antonio Carlos Jobim: Sem Voce
Ana Caram

Chesky is one my favorite world music record labels.
Some of his recordings (David) are so spooky that you feel the singer and musicians are in your listening room playing for/with you. You hear the room as part of the performance's venue; integral essence to the "you are there, with them, they're with you".

Depends on which part of the world, you know. Water Lily is good for Indian classical and Hugo is good for Chinese classical. M·A Recordings too. Watch the World Music Reboot thread ;)

Reactions: NorthStar

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Since i've had a great night, I thought i'd share this song by the "Doc", the late Mac Rebennack :cool:

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
Jocelyn Morlock: Half-light, Somnolent Rains for piano duo
Jane Hayes, Anna Levy

andolink

Jul 28, 2016

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
Friedrich Hermann: Capriccio No. 1 in D minor for 3 violins, Op. 2
Jiyoon Lee, Niek Baar, Mayumi Kanagawa

Reactions: NorthStar

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Midori's Tzigane

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst: Polyphonic Study #6 Die letzte Rose
Midori

By the way, excerpts from the Midori Carnegie Hall concert are available in an audio album:

Midori - Live at Carnegie Hall

The Sarasate Zapateado isn't there though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing