A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Innuos Statement Server has been announced several months ago :
http://www.innuos.com/uploads/cms/docs/Innuos_Statement_A5_Flyer_2018-10_web.pdf

It has also been on demo at several HiFi shows and some preliminary audition impressions are available :
https://audiobacon.net/2018/10/10/rmaf-2018-innuos-zenith-statement-vs-zen-mk-3-music-servers/

It has just arrived at Hong Kong for about 1 week :

The Statement main unit and the external PSU are stacked together.
20190107_185656~2.jpg

They are very heavy, particularly the PSU.
The chassis is beautiful and sturdy! CNCed and sandblasted so their edges are smooth.

20190107_185312~2.jpg

Their backs are neat and tidy!
There are two cables connecting the PSU and main unit. They look nice with excellent connectors.
20190107_185443~2.jpg

The original footers of the two units are placed differently.
Are those underneath the main unit placed according to the Centre of Gravity?

20190107_201650~2.jpg

The footers are different too.
This is footer of the PSU.
20190107_185354~2.jpg

This is the footer of the Main Unit.
20190107_201423~2.jpg

I enjoyed only a short audition of the Innuos Statement.
It's not yet ready for a serious audition because it's not fully burned-in.
Ben Lau of Volent HK said that the transformer in the PSU was huge and big Mundorf electrolytic capacitors were employed. They need serious "boiling".

The initial impression is that Statement is in the "Musicality Camp", quite different from the character of SGMS EVO and The Memory Player.
The sound is rich, with great density and musicality.

The only feedback I want to give to Innuos is that the two cables connecting the main unit & PSU can be made longer for easier placement.

The Statement is extremely well-designed and well-built.
Great potential definitely!
There is zero doubt that it's a flagship-grade server and a star in 2019!

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Cool!
I know we can't be without ours! We're now using it as our main Roon Core throughout the store (no USB anywhere), and the upgrade in SQ was remarkable!

Reactions: CKKeung

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) The initial impression is that Statement is in the "Musicality Camp", quite different from the character of SGMS EVO and The Memory Player.
The sound is rich, with great density and musicality. (...)

Interesting. What was the software and DAC?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm not getting the SGM as not in the musical camp. Other than my Eera cdp, the most musical by far digital I've heard is SGM, first at Munich, and then for the last 2-3 years on regular occasions first on T&A Dac8, now on Aqua Formula XHD.

If Inuous Statement portrays SGM as less musical, it'll be a killer component.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Cool!
I know we can't be without ours! We're now using it as our main Roon Core throughout the store (no USB anywhere), and the upgrade in SQ was remarkable!

How does it connect Alex, wireless?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
It looks mighty pretty but no upsampling?

I’m assuming you’ll do a shoot out into the TotalDac or Nagra HD.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
It uses Roon, so you can use that to upsample. With MSB DACs, that's not necessary nor advisable. But other DACs might benefit from that, so it's available through Roon, as well as DSP/Room Correction.

Yes, it can't play a CD in real time, but it'll rip a CD while you play (other music), and as soon as it's done ripping, you can then play the files.

Steve,
The Statement is hooked up to our network, and as Roon Core, it's able to serve our entire store, as all our MSB DACs are network-enabled. It doesn't need to be physically connected to the DAC at all, but it does offer a built-in Ethernet switch, so you can plug the Ethernet input of your DAC in the back of the Innuos.

Info on the Innuos Statement here:

http://www.innuos.com/uploads/cms/docs/Innuos_Statement_A5_Flyer_2018-10_web.pdf

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
This thread triggered my curiosity - I hope to get an Innuos Statement for the next weekend.

Alex, did you compare listening to the same 16/44.1 track in the MSB CD transport and being played through the Statement?

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Francisco,

I did that comparison, but not with the Statement.
I think I need some more quality time with the Transport (and the new ProISL interface) now :)

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This thread triggered my curiosity - I hope to get an Innuos Statement for the next weekend.

Alex, did you compare listening to the same 16/44.1 track in the MSB CD transport and being played through the Statement?

Please make sure with the dealer that the Statement for loan is well-boiled.
Otherwise the sound may not be "open" enough, which is the characteristics of unboiled Mundorf capacitors.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Francisco,
I did that comparison, but not with the Statement.
I think I need some more quality time with the Transport (and the new ProISL interface) now :)

The new ProISL connection of the new Ref and Select Transports are extremely good!

Eager to do such comparisons too but MSB and Innuos/SGMS/MemoryPlayer in HK belong to diff dealers and home loan is near-impossible too.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Please make sure with the dealer that the Statement for loan is well-boiled.
Otherwise the sound may not be "open" enough, which is the characteristics of unboiled Mundorf capacitors.

Unfortunately I will test a brand new one - it seems they are selling fast!

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Yes, all Innuos models are in short supply. There was tremendous pent-up demand for the mk3 models, and they've worked through the holidays to catch up with demand.
I was told the other day that our Statement is still the only one available at a dealer in the US. Every other unit has been shipped to customers.

Reactions: Woofer and Tweet

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing