A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, all Innuos models are in short supply. There was tremendous pent-up demand for the mk3 models, and they've worked through the holidays to catch up with demand.
I was told the other day that our Statement is still the only one available at a dealer in the US. Every other unit has been shipped to customers.

Same situation in HK.
I guess the mid-price servers of Innuos and Antipodes are getting more and more popular and the demand worldwide affects the production of Statement too.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
It uses Roon, so you can use that to upsample. With MSB DACs, that's not necessary nor advisable. But other DACs might benefit from that, so it's available through Roon, as well as DSP/Room Correction.

Yes, it can't play a CD in real time, but it'll rip a CD while you play (other music), and as soon as it's done ripping, you can then play the files.

Steve,
The Statement is hooked up to our network, and as Roon Core, it's able to serve our entire store, as all our MSB DACs are network-enabled. It doesn't need to be physically connected to the DAC at all, but it does offer a built-in Ethernet switch, so you can plug the Ethernet input of your DAC in the back of the Innuos.

Info on the Innuos Statement here:

http://www.innuos.com/uploads/cms/docs/Innuos_Statement_A5_Flyer_2018-10_web.pdf
So all you need is Statement and a DAC, no usb to connect to DAC and It’ll upsample, using Roon to DSD 256, all tidal or onboard storage. Now that’s quite an accomplishment.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Barry, I thought your SGM could do that as well and not break sweat? All the way up to 512.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Barry, I thought your SGM could do that as well and not break sweat? All the way up to 512.
The EVO can but my point is that perhaps there is some misconception as to what the Statement can do.
Asuify says it is not connected to the DAC implying wireless and it can upsample using Roon, but is it powerful enough to flawlessly do DSD256 from all sources?
Just trying to clarify for interested parties, not that I’d ever replace my SGM.....ever!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Just trying to clarify for interested parties, not that I’d ever replace my SGM.....ever!

In the audiophile world, never say never! :p

The SGMS Ultimate server will be available soon! ;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
So all you need is Statement and a DAC, no usb to connect to DAC and It’ll upsample, using Roon to DSD 256, all tidal or onboard storage. Now that’s quite an accomplishment.

Yes, if your DAC is Ethernet-enabled and Roon-compatible. Otherwise, the Statement will output via USB as well. That's why I love the Innuos products, as it works both over USB as well as Ethernet.

Reactions: CKKeung

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In the audiophile world, never say never! :p

The SGMS Ultimate server will be available soon! ;)

Is this the last server they are making?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, if your DAC is Ethernet-enabled and Roon-compatible. Otherwise, the Statement will output via USB as well. That's why I love the Innuos products, as it works both over USB as well as Ethernet.

Other than playing CD on-the-fly, Statement is an all-in-one flagship server!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
The EVO can but my point is that perhaps there is some misconception as to what the Statement can do.
Asuify says it is not connected to the DAC implying wireless and it can upsample using Roon, but is it powerful enough to flawlessly do DSD256 from all sources?

The Statement doesn't have to be physically connected to the DAC, as I said, as long as it's on your local network. I didn't say other servers couldn't do the same thing, I just said the Statement does it.
As I said, I don't do upsampling, but I've used the Innuos products to do DSD upsampling *and* DSP room correction (using Roon's built-in functionality) at the same time, and it handled it just fine. In the end, the client ended up disengaging the upsampling, but kept the room correction.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
How does this compare to Aurender

Sorry, Aurender is all along not my cup of tea.

SGMS Evo, The Memory Player and now Innuos Statement are my three favorite CAS servers.

Reactions: Blue58 and bonzo75

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
The Statement doesn't have to be physically connected to the DAC, as I said, as long as it's on your local network. I didn't say other servers couldn't do the same thing, I just said the Statement does it.
As I said, I don't do upsampling, but I've used the Innuos products to do DSD upsampling *and* DSP room correction (using Roon's built-in functionality) at the same time, and it handled it just fine. In the end, the client ended up disengaging the upsampling, but kept the room correction.
Thanks for the clarification Asuify. Much appreciated.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I have SGM 2015 EVO, and ordered SGM Ultimate.

Maybe I'll be 2nd SGM Ultimate receiver in the world.

When I receive SGM Ultimate, I'll update SGM Ultimate review.

SGM Ultimate is not Sound Galleries product, but Taiko Audio product~!!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

For me the question is not if the Statement should or not be physically connected to the DAC - it is what option gets the best sound quality. I expect that connecting the Statement to the DAC using the RJ45 port labeled Streamer is the way to go, but I know that the computer server world is full of surprises .

IMHO the choice of server depends a lot on the DAC and our digital assumptions. I want to have a bit exact server and rely on the Vivaldi upsampler and DAC to carry the processing duties - I am not interested in the HQPlayer or Roon DSP . So the Innuous Statement seems a logical choice. Being manufactured a few hundred kilometers from me also helps.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Francisco,

I'd still try the USB port on your dCS, and would not be surprised if that one actually sounds the best.
Make sure you disable all DSP/processing in Roon, as it is (unfortunately) on by default.

alex

Koegz

Oct 29, 2016
systems.audiogon.com
You are correct DSP was not disabled. I disabled. The Jcat still sounds as good but I will most likely sell. No reason to keep it if it just sounds as good. Thanks for you help.
p.kogan

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Hi Marcin_gps,
“I’d love to see that”
Are you saying you would really like to see how EMI altered the motherboard? Or are you being sarcastic?
Thanks

No, I'm interested in the design of that custom motherboard. That would be the first custom PC motherboard in this industry.

Regards,
Marcin

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Francisco,

I'd still try the USB port on your dCS, and would not be surprised if that one actually sounds the best.
Make sure you disable all DSP/processing in Roon, as it is (unfortunately) on by default.

alex

I will try it, surely. BTW, do you know if the Statement has a 10 MHz clock input?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing