A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

G T Audio

Hello Hyperion,
What your opinion about Innuos Statement Next-Gen PSU and Aurender N20?
What your priority? What difference in sound presentation between these servers?
Thank you,
Gady
You are not asking much then! Why don't you go and listen to these items yourself are report back on your findings...

RikkiPoo

Nov 4, 2020
I’m loving the SQ as well. Anyone know how to manually initialize the airplay feature? Also, I HATE that one has to choose between the SQ of native OS and the exquisite interface/function of Roon…. Searching, organizing, reading and finding things is just awful in the Innuos app compared to Roon. But the sound sure is nice…. Dilemma
It's not like Sophie's Choice, one is clearly better than the other.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
It's not like Sophie's Choice, one is clearly better than the other.
I respectfully disagree. I value SQ, of course, and so the Innuos is great because it sounds better. however, I also greatly value the search ability and navigation/organization of Roon, especially since it leads to the discovery of new music, which also tickles me. I am learning to live with both and make switches backs and forth. The combo of these two softwares would be the ideal IMHO

Reactions: Charlie B.

RikkiPoo

Nov 4, 2020
You are in a pickle. For me, it was easy to choose SQ and move on. I can live with the Sense app and Qobuz. I don't miss paying for Roon.

Reactions: Re-tread

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hello Hyperion,
What your opinion about Innuos Statement Next-Gen PSU and Aurender N20?
What your priority? What difference in sound presentation between these servers?
Thank you,
Gady

That's too early to tell as I haven't yet been able to make this comparison.

Many of our clients choose Innuos for the added functionality of ripping and the Roon Core possibility. If none of these are of importance, you can start looking at the differences in performance and characteristics compared to Aurender.

There's also an approximate €8.000/$8000 price difference here in Sweden in between these two units where the Aurender N30 is more costly.

The Aurender N30 is my current SOTA streamer/server if you're looking for the most analogue sounding source possible. Adding to that is the build quality, appearance and long term stability of Aurender which brings additional value.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sapirg

sapirg

May 29, 2018
That's too early to tell as I haven't yet been able to make this comparison.

Many of our clients choose Innuos for the added functionality of ripping and Roon Endpoint possibility. If none of these are of importance, you can start looking at the differences in performance and characteristics compared to Aurender.

There's also an approximate €8.000/$8000 price difference here in Sweden in between these two units where the Aurender N30 is more costly.

The Aurender N30 is my current SOTA streamer/server if you're looking for the most analogue sounding source possible. Adding to that is the build quality, appearance and long term stability of Aurender which adds additional value.

Thank you Hyperion
I"ll wait for your opinion.
Sincerely yours,
Gady.

Reactions: Hyperion

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Aurender cannot use roon, correct?

I am glad you were able to ditch Roon. You are probably on to something. I just love its layout, though….

Reactions: Echos

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Aurender cannot use roon, correct?

I am glad you were able to ditch Roon. You are probably on to something. I just love its layout, though….

That is correct. Aurender has choosen their own path having full control of both the software and hardware, which does have its merits in terms of stability and performance.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
When I compared the sound of the Innuos Statement Nextgen vs regular Innuos Statement in Munich there was a huge improvement with the Nextgen. Has anyone here already performed the upgrade? What did you hear in your system?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I wrote a review of Statement Nextgen and compared it to a non-Nextgen on a Hong Kong audiophile forum a few weeks ago.

Will try to translate it into English and share with WBF members in one or two days' time.
;)

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Excellent! Thx so much

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Did someone manage to compare directly STATEMENT NEXTGEN to the new PULSAR with streaming from Qobuz (not playing local files).
At HE Munich 2022 a guy from Innuos told me that the SQ of both devices should be about on par with streaming from streaming services. :cool:
Thx

Matt

tedwoods

Dec 14, 2021
Did someone manage to compare directly STATEMENT NEXTGEN to the new PULSAR with streaming from Qobuz (not playing local files).
At HE Munich 2022 a guy from Innuos told me that the SQ of both devices should be about on par with streaming from streaming services. :cool:
Thx

Matt
Statement has also the Innuos ethernet re-clocking integrated. So, PhoenixNET plus Pulsar should be closer to the Statement than Pulsar on its own, but Statement will still have a bit more going on. Since I already have the PhoenixNET (and not enough to reach up to the Statement...:)), that's the route I'll be pursuing, once the Pulsar is released (in September, I think).​

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Statement has also the Innuos ethernet re-clocking integrated. So, PhoenixNET plus Pulsar should be closer to the Statement than Pulsar on its own, but Statement will still have a bit more going on. Since I already have the PhoenixNET (and not enough to reach up to the Statement...:)), that's the route I'll be pursuing, once the Pulsar is released (in September, I think).​
Hi Ted,
I just checked the Pulsar spec and the power supply is similar to the Statement’s Next Gen ARC6, so you essentially get the equivalent to the most recent Statement with the new PS, but without Ethernet reclocking, which can be added with a PhoenixNET, as you mention. Should sound wonderful, especially if you take good care with the network feed.

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
From the Innuos website:
"Instead of SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs, the PULSAR offers an optimised USB output to take sound quality to a whole new level by incorporating a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker."

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
From the Innuos website:
"Instead of SPDIF and AES/EBU outputs, the PULSAR offers an optimised USB output to take sound quality to a whole new level by incorporating a PhoenixUSB Lite Reclocker."
Interesting how the PULSE with PHOENIXUSB compares to PULSAR.

Matt

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
The Pulsar would sound considerably better, based on its superior power supply and SSD. Essentially Pulse has the current Statement power supply set-up while Pulsar uses the new Statement Next Gen ARC6 module

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
The Pulsar would sound considerably better, based on its superior power supply and SSD. Essentially Pulse has the current Statement power supply set-up while Pulsar uses the new Statement Next Gen ARC6 module
I know, otoh Pulsar uses only a lite version of the PhoenixUSB.

Matt

SR-1

Sep 3, 2016
London, United Kingdom
I think a small number of people have been lucky in getting their next gen Statement upgrade before components started becoming harder to source. Unfortunately I wasn‘t one of the lucky ones and have been waiting with my name on the list since June for the upgrade programme to pick up Again. The most recent update I had from Innuos was that they were hoping to resume upgrades this month.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing