A Saturday afternoon in an audiophile heaven in Hong Kong

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
same as for singapore - house prices are high and cars expensive. having said that. cars in australia are crazy....we have to pay luxury car tax, government services tax and stamp duty:p for eg if i bought a panamera - car cost was 250 and all the government costs 120 for a total of 370.

In Singapore they call it the COE - certificate of entitlement - which costs crazy - government's way of limiting cars on the road. and it expires after 10 years, so if you want to drive another car after 10 yrs , pay another coe.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
So for you is better buying CH L10 and M10 mono instead Panamera

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
haha apples and pears there Gian:) i think either will make me a happy man:) although with my speakers maybe a pana might bring on a more emotional experience

Reactions: gian60

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Sometimes the grass looks greener in other places....
haha the grass is always greener on the other side ....ie until you get to the other side. for eg hk and singapore . sure you can get cheaper audio but you end up putting the audio in the smaller living spaces. Living in the us is amazing...ie until you get sick and need to go to a hospital - they really gouge out there.

Every space/country has a downside that only becomes more acute the more you know the system:) Having said that......in any country and in any culture....money always buys one options and choices ( thats not to say by any means i am in that group that are waddling in the green stuff:p) . Perhaps he key then is not where you live in but how to get more of that green stuff staying in the country that you live in o_O:p:D:cool:

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Brunei haha....ok lets give it a shot.....no taxes.....but yet no fun:eek: it's a much stricter society. Healthcare surprisingly is not as good....I had some expats tell me that a few years ago when they saw me in melbourne.

fun trivia.....when i was growing up in singapore - we often used the brunei currency as the singaporean one - everyone accepted them. same value:)

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Brunei haha....ok lets give it a shot.....no taxes.....but yet no fun:eek: it's a much stricter society. Healthcare surprisingly is not as good....I had some expats tell me that a few years ago when they saw me in melbourne.

fun trivia.....when i was growing up in singapore - we often used the brunei currency as the singaporean one - everyone accepted them. same value:)
Indeed --An old friend of mine was the Manager of the Sultan's Car Fleet--he had some stories to tell alright.
BruceD

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Good info!
Do they welcome overseas visitors?
Please share the address with WBF members.
Manu thanks!
Hi CK,
Apologies for the delayed response, as I haven't been back on the forum since I last wrote the post.
Yes they are polite and welcome visitors.
If you are genuinely looking and show interests for purchase they will entertain your requests.
The name of the building is ETLand (one word, but pronounced as ET Land) Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Yongsan is the suburb area. It would be too difficult to miss.
It has a few levels of stupendous gear! From vintage Western Electrics to Thorens Reference TT's, B&W Snails, Vivid's, and the list goes on. None of Sing or HK come even close to the class and level of concentration in super hifi in what I saw there.
I am surprised it is not more famously known.
Neville

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi CK,
Apologies for the delayed response, as I haven't been back on the forum since I last wrote the post.
Yes they are polite and welcome visitors.
If you are genuinely looking and show interests for purchase they will entertain your requests.
The name of the building is ETLand (one word, but pronounced as ET Land) Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Yongsan is the suburb area. It would be too difficult to miss.
It has a few levels of stupendous gear! From vintage Western Electrics to Thorens Reference TT's, B&W Snails, Vivid's, and the list goes on. None of Sing or HK come even close to the class and level of concentration in super hifi in what I saw there.
I am surprised it is not more famously known.
Neville
Thanks Neville!.
I must pay the ETLand a visit if I are to have a trip to Seoul.
:)

Reactions: Nevillekapadia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing