A Star is Born - Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I haven't seen this movie yet but I did buy tickets for opening day this coming Friday.

My wife is a Lady Gaga fan and I like Bradley Cooper so we are hoping it is an enjoyable film.

The only issue for me is the earlier Barbra Steisand vesion of the movie. As a young bachelor I had to go to every Streisand movie to keep the ladies happy so my first inclination was not to go. I always hated going to those Streisand movies although I ended up enjoying a few of them.

Anyway, reviews are good so far and Sam Elliott, Dave Chapelle and even Andrew Dice Clay are in the movie so it will be interesting to see them in their roles.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Saw the movie and came away impressed. It passed my watch test - didn't check the time once during the movie.

Lady Gaga can act - she was quite good in the role of Ally, the new found star. We already knew she could sing.

Bradley Cooper can act, sing, direct and write songs. (He had song writing credits for music in the movie) Apparently there is nothing this guy can't do. On top of that he is handsome, too. Some guys have it all. :)

Good movie, good story (I think this is the 4th remake).

Well worth seeing in my opinion.

Made my wife happy too as she was quite anxious to see the movie.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing