A Tour of the LMC Stereo Store in Scottsdale, AZ

allthebits

May 28, 2020
Pictures in link

I recently took a trip to Arizona and toured the LMC Home Entertainment. The experience was fun but very restricted. I was taken on a tour of the facilities, and everyone there was very friendly and talkative, but I was not allowed to listen to more than about 3 systems and I was not really able to play the music I wanted to hear except in very limited capacities. The systems I heard ranged from about 50K to the Wilson Wamm speaker setup (1.5 million dollars). It was a fun experience but very restricted and guided....almost like going on Splash Mountain but all the animatronics are off. (and they were very specific over the systems they wanted me to hear) It was a You can look but you can't "see" experience. But if you're in the area, it's probably worth checking out and hearing some summit-fi. Friendly guys and it was worth the trip to see the store. Maybe you'll have a better experience at actually listening than I was able to have there.

Overall, the systems I heard were technically impressive (including the 1.5 million dollar Wilson setup) but nothing I heard blew me away musically. I felt I had heard "better" at my own home in my own system and even at the Best Buy Magnolia Home Design Center in Scottsdale as well on a few of their systems. The best one I heard at LMC was the Focal Sopra for about $50k - which was a fun system. The Best Buy experience was actually far superior, as they took me in and let me loose with the iPad (over 3 days, about 2.5 hours) to play whatever I wanted on whatever systems I wanted (summit fi gear).

I also visited Arizona Hi-Fi LLC and was blown away by the tube system they had set up (about $89k) which honestly gave me the best musical reproduction of ANY of the systems I heard. (may post about that in a separate post)

Thought this place would like the pictures I took.

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
I live in Scottsdale so I do go to the store sometimes. It is clearly the most well stocked high end audio store anywhere. They have a full WAMM system and Wilson XVX system to listen to. So many very large full sized speakers like the MBL reference line speaker 101 X-treme too. The other day for the first time I visited the new Focal section and to say the least, it is very impressive. The sell all over the world and it is worth a trip to visit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing