Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Decided to buy one of these 'Electric Rechargeable Arc Lighters' on Amazon to see if it will remove static from my vinyl when sitting on my TT. Should arrive sometime today so will try it this evening.

Note it is not the 'Ronxs' make (currently not available on Amazon.uk) but a another make 'VEHHE'.
However they both look identical and the VEHHE is cheaper as it is currently on special offer.

If it doesn't work, then I can use it for what it was designed and made for i.e. lighting candles, camping stoves etc.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Has anybody tried this anti-static product ? ;

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have used the BBQ for more than a year now. Very effective and far better than the Zerostat.
Providing you don't hold it very very close to the record there are no problems about damaging the record

Reactions: Bobvin

Neil.Antin

Jul 9, 2021
Has anybody tried this anti-static product ? ;

There is a fundamental flaw with the design and that is that goat hair is not exactly conducive, and some at Audiogon have indicated as such. However, this inexpensive anti-static product has a center portion of carbon fiber which is conducive. Vinyl Record Cleaning Arm - Anti Static Brush for Vinyl Records - Adju – Hudson Hi-Fi (hudsonhifi.com).

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
No brush will do any good at removing static but definitely help to build it up. Yes, those brushes mentioned here will charge the record with static.

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
No brush will do any good at removing static but definitely help to build it up. Yes, those brushes mentioned here will charge the record with static.
So you don't give your records a brush whilst on the platter and just before you play them with say a carbon anti-static brush then 'mtemur' ?

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
So you don't give your records a brush whilst on the platter and just before you play them with say a carbon anti-static brush then 'mtemur' ?
No, I never brush records sitting on the platter and never brush them after anti-static treatment.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

SONDEKNZ

Mar 2, 2021
Well, I bought the BBQ lighter thingie and have been using it for a while.

In use, I currently start the LP spinning on my LP12 and hold the heated element about 5mm away from the LP outer edge and give it a dozen rotations.

Following this, I sweep the record with a brush, hoping that the crud will now let go, due to the lack of static attraction.

Seems to work...

Is this how others are using it?

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Wondered if anybody has tried this Walker Audio Talisman De-Magnetiser and static eliminator ? ;

Yes, I still have the one I got from Clark Johnsen way back when and am using it as part of my regular routine, especially after I carefully read the *instructions* which entail spinning the CD 3 revolutions on the small finger of one hand whilst holding the Talisman one inch about the CD. This really threw me for a loop, much more information space, realism. This occurred just two days ago. Whoa, Daddy!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yes, I still have the one I got from Clark Johnsen way back when and am using it as part of my regular routine, especially after I carefully read the *instructions* which entail spinning the CD 3 revolutions on the small finger of one hand whilst holding the Talisman one inch about the CD. This really threw me for a loop, much more information space, realism. This occurred just two days ago. Whoa, Daddy!
Some time ago another member recommended a rechargeable gas hob lighter available on Amazon for about £13 and I have been using that ever since.
Very effective and easy to use. Just use it about a couple of inches or so above the rotating LP and press the button. Clears all the static and recharge as necessary.

Reactions: TLi and Bobvin

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
I‘ve been busy experimenting with my Walker Talisman clone lo these past few weeks, I also have an original Walker Talisman. I’ve been incrementally applying “other technologies” to my clone, which I now deem 2X the performance of the original Walker Talisman, itself very powerful compared to say, bulk tape erasers, the long out of print Mapleshade Ionoclast zapper and Nordost anti static spray. I’m going to call the clone SkyWalker Quantum Demag and Destatic.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing