Acapella & amps

David

Aug 11, 2012

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Acapella are my dream speakers , one day , Einstein amps seem to be a safe choice but this is OTL . During last AVS in Warsaw it was paired with Polish Marton top of the line SS design, not convinced me though. Maybe Vitus Masterpiece would?

Attachments

David

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks for your answer Marslo,

Martion seems to be a VERY powerfull amp ... not sure it is enough delicate for Acapella ; and not sure Acapella need so much power ...
About Einstein : it seems that the recommended model is an Hybrid integated model. Not my priority choice.
Also OTL is not for me ...

I prefer to study a full tube solution or SS solution. Or a mix tubes / SS, but with separates devices in that case : tube preamp & SS amp.
Any experience with the new line from PASS Labs ? or with AVM too ?

i ask about Pass because i have listened to the DAC - Preamp VERMEER Two (made by ex part members of Audio Aero team) , and i liked a lot this device not only for his DAC - LAN section, but also for his Analog Preamp section & Tube output section.
And i have discussed with a Distributor of Vermeer Audio who told me that the combination is great with Pass Labs.
So Vermeer Two + Pass power amp(s) is something on my list for my new system.

I ask about AVM too, because the prices are not too high and because the feedbacks are good about the sound.
Also, with AVM there is a nice possibility of setups ; because the Serie 8 preamp can be used with both SS board or Tube board.
So with the same devices in hands, possible to make the choice to listen with a setup :
Tube preamp + SS amps (6.3) or Hybrid amps (8.3)
or
SS preamp + SS amps (6.3) or Hybrid amps (8.3)

To resume, what is on my list to study a setup around Acapelle is :
1) Zanden Modern line (full tubes)
2) Vermeer + Pass (mix tubes & SS)
3) AVM (full SS or mix tubes & SS)

Any usefull comments / feedbacks are welcome !

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
As you can see on my signature I have Audio Aero La Fontaine and sometimes I use it also as a pre during listening session of power amps, very good one btw.
I think this is an exceptional peace of gear and a keeper, I am also in touch with Brundo Ginard from Vermeer Audio , maybe one day will upgrade my La Fontaine to Vermeer Two specification. Good to know there is a synergy with Pass amps, will bear it in mind. For time being I use it on regular base as a transport of cds for my Pacific DAC over BNC, very good combination, its VRDS neo mechanism is another advantage of La Fontaine.
Unfortunately Zanden is not represented in Poland, but it seems to be a very good make.

Last edited:

David

Aug 11, 2012
As you can see on my signature I have Audio Aero La Fontaine and sometimes I use it also as a pre during listening session of power amps, very good one btw.
I think this is an exceptional peace of gear and a keeper, I am also in touch with Brundo Ginard from Vermeer Audio , maybe one day will upgrade my La Fontaine to Vermeer Two specification. Good to know there is a synergy with Pass amps, will bear it in mind. For time being I use it on regular base as a transport of cds for my Pacific DAC over BNC, very good combination, its VRDS neo mechanism is another advantage of La Fontaine.
Unfortunately Zanden is not represented in Poland, but it seems to be a very good make.
Hi,
nice system.
i have a friend who is owner of both AA La Fontaine & AA La Source. So we have been able to make direct comparaison of the sound from the DAC + Preamp sections of both with the DAC + Preamp sections of the Vermeer Two. You should like even more what you will hear with the Vermeer.
The ex Audio Aero devices were already very good (even Capitole and Prestige models in the past), but really Vermeer has made a big improvement with their new babies (the TWO is the first model ; another one is on the pipeline for presentation at Munich).
Coming back to Acapella, it is really a manufacturer who has created superb speakers.
And i like a lot the finishes in pearl white ; very pure ... totally different, but Black + red horns is also very nice.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Lexington, KY
I have been using the lampizator pacific version 211 anps with the Acapella cellini and now campanielle2 speakers for the past few years. Both speakers are amazing paired with tubes and are driven nicely with the 211s.

Hi Everyone, so sorry for missing this.

With Acapella, you will hear your amplifier so it's important to select one that you really love. I like the Zanden voicing, in general, and I think that either of their amps -- the Classic with the 845s or the Modern with the KT120s -- would have enough power to drive the LaCampanellas, or the Cellini (regular, or high version).

We've been fans of the Audio Aero sound for a long time. Vermeer inherits their IP (at least that of the LaSource and the LaFontaine), and so I would expect the voicing to be similar, with evolution over time. I've found that these pieces do play well with others.

Here are a few more notes regarding amplification for La Campanella 2 or Cellini.

At Capital Audiofest 2018, our East Coast Acapella dealer, Dave Cope of Old Forge Audio, showed La Campanella 2, and we attended to support him. Old Forge distributes Pure Audio electronics from New Zealand. Dave brought their mono amps (USA retail is about $10K) and their better preamp, also IIRC about $10K. Sound was really good. You could use a tube pre with those SS monos ...

Here at Audio Fed, we really like Audio Note UK. I think that a Jinro would be a super choice for either of these loudspeakers.The Jinro is an integrated (copper version of the Ongaku) ...if you want to add a preamp (M5 or M6), then the stereo power-amp version of the Jinro (called Jinro Shochu) would really be awesome.

For you Lamm fans out there -- I'd suggest LL2.1 Deluxe plus either of the hybrid monos -- M1.2 or M2.2 ...

I've tried to keep a bit of a handle on the cost of the above suggestions ... none of these are inexpensive, but I think that all of them are, for me, a good value and a good match.

I'm a little shy about posting my own suggestions; we sell Lamm and ANUK, but not Pure Audio. I'm happy to answer questions about the sound of any of these combinations.

David

Aug 11, 2012
Hello Neli
thanks for this feedback. I'm sure that the LAMM hybrid monos M1.2 or M2.2 should be something interesting to discover in combination with La Campanella 2 or Cellini.
Do not hesitate to tell more about such a combination :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing