Acoustic research AR1 wiring

Cognard

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Pals ! i have been offered a set of pristine cond AR1 sunfire amplified speakers , 15 inch woofer is amplified by a sunfire 500 watt amplifier , but i am wondering what feeds the front speakers ......the seller tells me that the wires coming from a power amplifier feeds the sunfire and the front speakers , but i can still see a couple rca female connectors there .....anyone has a clue on how to properly connect them to get the best of them ?

i have a carver m400T and a phase linear 700/2 ( PL , Carver , Sunfire , looks like i like Bob`s stuff , Lol ) but i think they will be too much for the front speakers .......

i believe the ideal would be a small class A amp ....or a tube one ...suggestions ?

any healthy advice will be greatly appreciated !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing