Acoustic Sounds UHQR Issue? Hendrix Are You Experienced

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Perhaps this is a 'nit', but...

I just received my 2 copies of the latest Hendrix UHQR from Acoustic Sounds. As a previous series subscriber I am supposed to receive a low numbered copy as one of the 2 copies. During a phone call to AS I learned that they no longer identify the copy number on the outside packaging. That is now done only on the album jacket inside the slipcase. This necessitates unsealing the slipcase to discover the copy number. How, then, can one claim a copy is 'new' once the packaging has been unsealed? I can't know which is the low numbered copy unless I open both copies. I am not thinking about immediate re-sale for one of the copies so that is not my reason for noting my concern. Curious what others think....

Reactions: ddk and analyzer

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And there was me worried that nitpick was re SQ. Mine is on order (kicking myself I missed out on Axis/Bold).
I'm not sure if you have a solution, maybe this is a policy to stop price gouging on resale market?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I never look at what number I have and I never buy anything to resell so this isn’t an issue for me.

I don’t understand why it is an issue for others.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
How, then, can one claim a copy is 'new' once the packaging has been unsealed?

Perhaps by noting the situation - opened to learn issue number, record never removed from jacket.

Otherwise it's a tradeoff between unsealed versus knowing the issue number.

Maybe wait until 5000 are gone and then buy yet another one?

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Perhaps by noting the situation - opened to learn issue number, record never removed from jacket.

Otherwise it's a tradeoff between unsealed versus knowing the issue number.

Maybe wait until 5000 are gone and then buy yet another one?
I also note pondering on whether or not to even post the question. A petty issue I admit. Buy yet a 3rd copy? I think not.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I also note pondering on whether or not to even post the question. A petty issue I admit. Buy yet a 3rd copy? I think not.

Perhaps. I know some people like having low numbered editions so apart from whether it is petty, it is real. I was just thinking of ways to answer your question without judging.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing