Acoustic Treatment for Small Listening Rooms: Absorption vs. Diffusion

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 31, 2015
Washington, DC
You can't break down low frequency waves or avoid room nodes with such little mass.

As for the Mandalorian, sure, you can do that for voices as they don't contain low frequency information. Big difference between reflections of vocals and acoustic bass, drums etc.
The ZR technology was developed for and is used most extensively in recording studios where there is no scarcity of drums and bass. Did you look at the "Portfolio" link I posted which lists their large and growing number of pro audio customers? What I see over and over when I read pro audio reviews like this one (see link below) is references to improved bass from deployment of these thin panels. And in my listening room the bass heft and clarity improved significantly so I gave away my ASC tube traps. Mass matters with conventional acoustical treatments. It is irrelevant to the ZR panels which appear to represent a disruptive technology with respect to conventional acoustical room treatment. See the comment on improved bass response in:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 31, 2010
Mass
Beautiful!

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 31, 2015
Washington, DC

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing