Acoustic Zen Absolute Copper Interconnects

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I'm really not a cable fanatic but I tried a pair of these out recently with excellent results and wanted to see if others had any experience with them. I believe these have been out a little over a year now but there are no reviews that I've seen.

Mr. Lee's latest creation use a zero crystal copper ribbon for the main conductor in a star twist geometry implemented with air/Teflon tubing. No new physics is claimed, no black magic, no 500 megajoule lightening bolt treatments. They list for $1.5K per meter pair which is a relative bargain.

It's a little hard to describe their sonic signature because I don't hear much of one at all. They are very extended at both ends of the frequency range. Their most pronounced characterisitc to me is their transparency and immediacy. I'm very sensitive to any treble anomalies and the musical treatment there is just about perfect. Midrange has excellent presence and solidity. Bass is solid and deep when the music requires. Center image placement is ever so forward but the soundstage is deep and wide.

I'd be curious to hear others impressions.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I believe Acoustic Zen uses Neotech sourced UP-OCC ultra-pure oxygen free copper 6 or 7N. Can't tell you more about the geometry although I'd read it like you do. Yes relative to other cables and my bad aural memory of them - other AZ types some Synergistic Research variants. YMMV on this one.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing