Actual Snake Oil

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Sidebar leads me to believe this is an industrial/pharmaceutical waste byproduct from the manufacturing of snake powders.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Try asking in tube thread why an unobtainium very expensive NOS tube sounds better. Fortunately these people usually do not ask questions, they just pay and listen ...
:)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Contact enhancer, 3D enhancer, I read a couple paragraphs then thought maybe if i apply it to my, you know, ”member” next time my sweet wife and I are in “that” mood maybe I’ll have mind blowing orgasms?

Drop the price a little, make it water based, and totally change the marketing approach. Maybe toss in a little “length increasing functionality” and I think he’d have a much bigger market. ;)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Mikem53 and marty

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
A
Contact enhancer, 3D enhancer, I read a couple paragraphs then thought maybe if i apply it to my, you know, ”member” next time my sweet wife and I are in “that” mood maybe I’ll have mind blowing orgasms?

Drop the price a little, make it water based, and totally change the marketing approach. Maybe toss in a little “length increasing functionality” and I think he’d have a much bigger market. ;)
A bit kinky there Bob, say that you cant get it off!

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

They sell magnets for that too Bob.

Reactions: Bobvin

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
somewhere, someplace, there's a giddy audiofool who swears by it .........

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
somewhere, someplace, there's a giddy audiofool who swears by it .........
It most likely has alcohol / degreaser inside , to clean the contacts .
Another word for contact cleaner is magnetic field enhanced connection treatment :)

Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Just for giggles, I saw the ad a couple of weeks ago and asked two "public questions". Any reviews on the product and do I get a discount if I buy two bottles? Both were answered.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
No reviews to date but I hear the developer is looking for some reptiles to test the product and no discount for buying two bottles. As for my personal preference, I find the "illegal smile" product to be quite effective in enhancing dimensionality.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gotta love the message that you're mortally offending other buyers if you have the foresight to request a trial.
Personally, if I'd been left disappointed paying out for no reward, I'd be very happy if someone subsequently avoided my fate by securing a trial.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Try infusing your cable contacts with the following

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.25.26 PM.png

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
and speaking of high-end results

1618695063114.png

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
There is an actual phenomenon in cables called "skin effect", yes?

Reactions: ack

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
and now we know the origins

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I'm speechless:

Electrons do not move down a cable quickly they move very slowly. They move around only 1mm/second or about 0.0393701 inch per second. Or about 1-10/th the speed of the slowest snail. However the spin of an electron is very fast and that is what matters. This creates the Dipole-Moment or Magnetic-Moment the energy we use tat produces what engineering refers to a the "b-field" a magnetic field used often to transfer through induction energy (magnetically transfer electricity) as in transformers ect. However all electrical energy transfer works on this simple principle, simply transferring energy magnetically from electron to electron. The b-field is simply a sum of all the electrons spinning together.

What does this understanding have to do with a contact or connection? Everything, contacts work in the same way but the task is harder due to the space between electrons that want to communicate your signal. This space although small to us is a large deterrent to the transfer of electrical energy, remember electrons are extremely tiny and this mechanical connection space or gap is huge to these particles it makes it hard to transfer the magnetic energy spin form one electron to the next and ads unwanted noise and a lot of it.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
For pseudo scientific veneer:

"They move around only 1mm/second or about 0.0393701 inch per second."

Why not "about 0.04 inch per second", if the calculation inch vs mm is derived, and with it, its accuracy, from "around only 1mm/second"?

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing