Adobe Reader Updater - Adobe Reader (11.0.00)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Update is ready to install

Question: Should I install, ...or not?

"This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities.
Adobe recommends that you always install the latest updates."

? I am scared to death! ...Good or bad? ...What to do what to do what to do???

Expert opinion/suggestion/proposition please?

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I always install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader on my computers that do NOT have Acrobat Professional installed because I fear one day the professional version (which you pay a lot for) will be over-written.

see this: http://www.greymatter.com/documents/pdf/00016223.pdf

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks Gary, that's one YES vote; I need two more for final submission. :b

* By the way, Adele she's good, but not that good. :b ...I did not listen to her latest album though, but I have all the rest, on CDs.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Done!

Update successful

Installed: Adobe Reader XI (11.0.13) MUI

* Took about one minute. ...Less than two.

I was waiting for a gift, like: You won a trip for two to Fhloston Paradise (Multipass - The Fifth Element), but no such luck.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I AlWAYS get the update but NEVER from the pop up reminder (by clicking on it). I just log on to the Adobe website and download the update.

The Adobe "pop up" came out about five days ago after trying to open a file in my PC under its wings (an Adobe zip file).
I used the Adobe small red logo "pop up" to install the update.

I usually don't play with Adobe. I wasn't sure if I should have updated it or not, and went for it on the advise of both Gary and Amir; good enough for me.

_______

Now my issue is not with Adobe but with my main browser, Google Chrome. And Adobe has nothing to do with it, as I had that issue now for the last couple months or so. ...Perhaps more...yes more...a little more.
But not here @ WBF, only @ another website, a very active one. ...Pages are slow to appear and not always correctly. If I use IE (Internet Explorer) as my browser, no problemo.

So Google Chrome doesn't play nice with that other site; and several times a day I have to 'reboot' Google Chrome...when it totally jams/crawls to a full halt. Here @ WBF no such issue with both browsers.

I suspect that so much advertising (@ the other site) caused Google Chrome to stall occasionally (on average five-six times a day).
Sure I can delete all my history and caches and cookies; but it won't fully resolve the issue...it'll still be there.

* Computers are like humans; you never know what kind of relationship you'll end up with some from your acquaintances and exchanges. :b

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing