Adona Rack

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I recently ordered an Adona rack to house my audio components when a remodel allowed me to locate my sources, etc. closer to the amplifiers. The rack arrived in perfect condition from the Adona Corporation, recommended by several members here.

www.adonacorporation.com

I had some absolute size limitations, especially in height, that had to be addressed for the rack to fit the space. Adona was very accommodating, sizing the uprights of the rack such that all four shelves were of sufficient size to handle my components and keeping the total height within my specifications. The rack is finished in basic black. I wanted it to disappear and it certainly does that! Each shelf is a granite/composite sandwich, sitting on isolation bumpers. The entire rack rests on points, with indented discs underneath to protect my hardwood floors. (New hardwood, BTW). Each shelf is adjustable for balance, and the whole thing is very inert once assembled. It weighs about 140#.

Assembly is a bit tricky at first, but quickly gets easier as you figure out a couple tricks. Overall assembly time was about one hour. Size is 13" high X 47" wide X 25" deep. The 4 shelves are each 18" square and an inch thick. The black granite top finish on the shelves is very attractive. Since I opted for the "basic" version, the uprights are basic black aluminum channel and finished well enough to match the rest of the piece. Wood trim options are available for the edges of the shelves, etc. for those who desire something more "visible".

Pictures will follow once I get a new camera battery! Overall, I am very satisfied with the Adona rack, and will post impressions of use/performance once the room is finished and the audio system dialed back in.

Here's a stock photo of the rack:

This rack is taller than mine, with the upper component space being shorter on mine. The cross-members under the shelves are black on mine. I also opted for solid uprights rather than individually spiked segments, which allowed the rack to be lower.

Lee

Last edited:
Reactions: bryans and Willgolf

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Congratulations! I've been using the Adona rack for a few years now. I think it is a very good product. Prior to owning the Adona rack system, I had my Scout turntable mounted on a two inch thick maple cutting board. When I put the turntable on the Adona, I was astonished at the sound improvement.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I have a bit of touchup painting to do where I revised the cubby hole shelf system. The cubby originally had six compartments that were too small to be of any use, I turned it into two large spaces for the amplifiers. I doubled the top shelf to better support the 200# of the center speaker and placed the 4" posts as center supports. Now, there is flow-through ventilation from side-to-side as well as front-to-back for the EV403 amp. Coming together slowly....

Lee

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
A very old thread but I just assembled my Adona Rack stand. Paul from Adona was extremely helpful to design my stand for my super unique space. I was nervous that the measurements would not work out but they ended up being perfect. I would highly recommend Adona!!! High quality and tremendous value with great isolation properties.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    901 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: trekpilot

djsina2

May 30, 2019
A very old thread but I just assembled my Adona Rack stand. Paul from Adona was extremely helpful to design my stand for my super unique space. I was nervous that the measurements would not work out but they ended up being perfect. I would highly recommend Adona!!! High quality and tremendous value with great isolation properties.
Looks great and perfect fit for your mini fridge.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing