Advice needed to improve the SQ of my music streaming over the CD transport

RobertL

Oct 19, 2021
I am a new member seeking help from the experience members of the group. I have the Roon Core residing in the MacBook Pro I7. The MacBook Pro is connected by Belden CAT7 LAN cable to a Silent Angel Bonn network switch. Another Belden CAT7 connect the Silent Angel Bonn to the SOtM sNH-10G network switch. A SOtM dCBL-CAT7 connect the SOtM network switch to the T+A streamer/DAC. The SQ of the same music from my Reimyo transport is much better than my Tidal/Roon from streamer/DAC T+A SD3100HV. Can adding a dedicated music server of not more than $10K eliminate the gap of the SQ? Many thanks for your inputs.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Laptops aren’t ideal for SQ. But before you invest in a dedicated streamer research gigafoilv4.

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
I am a new member seeking help from the experience members of the group. I have the Roon Core residing in the MacBook Pro I7. The MacBook Pro is connected by Belden CAT7 LAN cable to a Silent Angel Bonn network switch. Another Belden CAT7 connect the Silent Angel Bonn to the SOtM sNH-10G network switch. A SOtM dCBL-CAT7 connect the SOtM network switch to the T+A streamer/DAC. The SQ of the same music from my Reimyo transport is much better than my Tidal/Roon from streamer/DAC T+A SD3100HV. Can adding a dedicated music server of not more than $10K eliminate the gap of the SQ? Many thanks for your inputs.

Short answer is no for a well sorted out cd playback system ...

Nevertheless, Uptone etherRegen with external oxco clock helps to narrow the gap of my oladra upgraded Antipodes cx and ex stack against Denafrip Avatar Transport synced to my upgraded Denafrips Tplus dac ... via usb and i2s output respectively.

Cheers.

RobertL

Oct 19, 2021
Short answer is no for a well sorted out cd playback system ...

Nevertheless, Uptone etherRegen with external oxco clock helps to narrow the gap of my oladra upgraded Antipodes cx and ex stack against Denafrip Avatar Transport synced to my upgraded Denafrips Tplus dac ... via usb and i2s output respectively.

Cheers.
many thanks Richard for your advice.

Reactions: richard_crl032

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing