ALE driver DEP SUPER

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This is mr. Endo,owner of ALE
This is the top driver he does,a special limited series named SUPER with the weight of 100 kg about with beryllium membrane
This is a tweeter.
Mid is same size and bass and mid bass weight is around 160 kg and bigger
My friend has a speaker 6 way with this driver
I would like a speaker 4 way with this driver but price is impossible,around 60.000 euro a couple of this driver
Its a dream
I listen many times and sound is another dimension of what we listen usually

Attachments

• 472612598_a0ce43de57_m.jpg
    472612598_a0ce43de57_m.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 45

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The speaker of my friend was made all by Be Yamamura with these ALE driver

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
This is the top driver he does,a special limited series named SUPER with the weight of 100 kg about with beryllium membrane
This is a tweeter.
I would like a speaker 4 way with this driver but price is impossible,around 60.000 euro a couple of this driver
Its a dream
Wow Gian. That is incredible! Please get yourself some horns again :)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Gian - what is the weight largely down to - enormous magnet? Presumably Alnico? Do you have links so that I can do some reading?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I was really impressed with Austin Acoustic, I believe they use ALE drivers if I remember right. Still probably $500k for their complete 4-way system with a SET amp for each driver...

http://www.austinacoustic.net/demo-system.html

I'd love to hear this 6-way ALE system , it could very well be the world's best stereo system! :)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
This is a tweeter.
Its a dream

Yes, unobtanium. What is the main purpose for such drivers? Are they for the home audio market or the pro audio market? I can't imagine anyone in the pro world spending that kind of money just on the drivers. These are very expensive even compared to TAD or Vitavox drivers (like those used in the Living Voice Vox Olympian). I think the huge Magico horn was using "small" version of drivers from ALE and that is a $700K speaker! I can't imagine $500K DIY...

What is the main advantage of such huge magnet structures? Ultra low distortion at normal listening levels? Many compression drivers are not that low in distortion actually, which is why the horn loaded (or waveguide...whatever) AMT from Beyma has a following...ultralow distortion, ultra linear frequency response and over 100db sensitivity...might be the ultimate tweeter and several zeros cheaper...

What from your listening do you think such drivers are bringing that others cannot?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This driver is in Permendure,no Alnico,like DEP serie
Could be only my friend bought in all the world,Yamamura push Mr Endo to do this special serie

Ale produce 3 standard series
The economic D where tweeter D 1710 and mid bass 4550 cost around 7.000 euro price list and is weight is of 7 kg each,color is green
The DE where tweeter DE 1750 and mid DE 4550 cost around 12.000 euro and his weight is 12 kg and color is green/blue
the top DEP series with magnet in Permendure cost 23.000 euro,always for pair and weight is 23 kg each and color is red

This special serie, Yamamura push Ale to do something very special
I had one Audio Tekne speaker 3 way in 1994 with woofer Altec 416 and mid and tweeter of D series and i triamped with Yamamura mono with 211 for bass and 2 Audiotekne for mid and tweeter and special passive crossover.
And sound was very good.

My friend did before 3 way,then 4/5 until 6 way with DEP and quality is much better then other series with more natural sound and transparence

But when he changed the DEP with this special series the inprovement was much bigger than from D to DEP

Sound was much more natural and relaxed,bigger,and more transparent with big Dynamic and microcontrast
Really incredible

I saw that the top Magico Ultimate of 650.000 usd use ALE driver and also they confirm use the ALE
The Ale driver in Magico have the color green/blue that is the same of DE serie
So if really are the DE series that cost 12.000 euro price list and that they pay 5.000 euro from ALE,the quality is ridiculous for his price that is also ridiculous

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Ah, ok, these are super custom almost one off designs. Would love to hear a properly implemented system with such drivers.

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
I hope this is not inappropriate here, but do you have current contact info for Be Yamamura? I worked with him in the nineties but the email I have is no longer valid. You can email me at joe@lotusgroupusa.com. Many thanks,

Joe

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have no news since 2015 from Yamamura
I knwe he is also ill,exactly i don't know,but i saw him in 2015 very tired

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
Very sorry to hear that. If you do have an email address for me to try I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Joe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing