All About the Bass: It's enough to make me want to stream

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I came across this video on YouTube the other day and can't stop watching it. Years ago as my daughters were growing up, we watched American Idol on TV. Casey Abrams (bass, vocal) and Haley Reinhart (vocals) were stand-out contestants one season. Now they seem to have successful careers. Reinhart brought the house down with a cover of Led Zeppelin with her dad on stage playing guitar. My kids didn't really appreciate it, but I loved it. Sadly, she was voted off.

This is a really great video of them doing a cover of this really fun pop song. And then there is Morgan James, whom I had never heard of before. Wow, what a voice. Some real talent here, IMO. It is music like this that almost makes me wish I could stream digital in my system. For now, the desk top with headphones will have to suffice.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Streaming Peter... jump in. You may or not try to match the sound of your analog rig, but you will surely find new music to enjoy at the touch if a finger. I really appreciate when we have guests because there is almost nothing missing from my music library.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I came across this video on YouTube the other day and can't stop watching it. Years ago as my daughters were growing up, we watched American Idol on TV. Casey Abrams (bass, vocal) and Haley Reinhart (vocals) were stand-out contestants one season. Now they seem to have successful careers. Reinhart brought the house down with a cover of Led Zeppelin with her dad on stage playing guitar. My kids didn't really appreciate it, but I loved it. Sadly, she was voted off.

This is a really great video of them doing a cover of this really fun pop song. And then there is Morgan James, whom I had never heard of before. Wow, what a voice. Some real talent here, IMO. It is music like this that almost makes me wish I could stream digital in my system. For now, the desk top with headphones will have to suffice.

Peter,
It’s so easy to stream now you should get your feet wet with an iPad and a used DAC from Audiogon. I’ve found that it’s a great way to engage my daughter with my system, i can stream music she likes. I bought a PS Audio DDS 3, here’s a Bel Canto for $750.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa443d-bel-canto-design-reflink-asynchronous-usb-converter-parts

Reactions: asiufy

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It is music like this that almost makes me wish I could stream digital in my system. For now, the desk top with headphones will have to suffice.

I never thought that I would stream music as well Peter but honestly it has truly changed the way I listen to music

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Love the video Peter,

Here's the latest video that has me mesmerized.....

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
FWIW I saw Post Modern Jukebox in a live show, a few years back. Easily worth the ticket price. A lot of fun.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing