All NEW Add Powr Sorcer X2 Power Conditioner....Major Breakthrough In Electrical Power Conditioners!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I used a Symphony Pro many years ago.
Glad to see that Bill has got his own brand/company again!

IanG-UK

Apr 11, 2011
I'm always suspicious of reviews with no objective measurements, no subjective comparatives and with products so precisely priced at $2999.95 and $3999.95. Not an appropriate way to deal with what have to be serious potential purchasers.

ZionPOWER

Nov 24, 2019
I'm always suspicious of reviews with no objective measurements, no subjective comparatives and with products so precisely priced at $2999.95 and $3999.95. Not an appropriate way to deal with what have to be serious potential purchasers.

What objective measurements would you advise to use?

IanG-UK

Apr 11, 2011
Check out what Shunyata use

Reactions: ZionPOWER

ZionPOWER

Nov 24, 2019
Check out what Shunyata use

I have checked out their product line and intro video before. I like their concepts.

I'm still unclear on what object measurements purchasers would look for in a reference room or on a product. That's why I asked.

IanG-UK

Apr 11, 2011
I just think that some manufacturers and most reviewers treat readers and potential purchasers with disdain and/or contempt. Some people may be fine with simply a reviewer's non-comparative and purely subjective opinion and might not even care if the unit is filled with sophisticated proven circuitry or something else. But I think that all manufacturers and reviewers should try to add value using informed research and constructive commentary - albeit what reviewers get paid for such copy may not justify the effort needed.

This is regrettably increasingly the way that "marginal" high end products are introduced to market now (particularly non-mechanical products) with a key aim to encourage potential purchasers to buy pricey products which give them a warm feeling and impress their friends. If little or nothing else!

chrisr

Member Sponsor
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago area
I only quickly looked at their web site so I might be waaaay off on this, but it sounds similar to what Nordost and others are doing with injecting signals into the power line.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
I only quickly looked at their web site so I might be waaaay off on this, but it sounds similar to what Nordost and others are doing with injecting signals into the power line.
It's actually from the same designer who previously sold his QRT technology to Nordost, and this is his next generation product line.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
I wonder if the AddPower products are based on Schumman frequency generation?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Has anyone used other types of of fuses with the Sorcer. Such as Synergistic?

ozzy

cohsys

Jul 25, 2023
Sants Monica
add-powr.com
Yes, the genesis of the devices stems from Schumann frequency generation.

QSA fuses do appear to lower the noise floor.

Indeed the Sorcer X4 is a game changer. The new Apprentice has also entered that category.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I have a Wizard. The difference adding it was NOT subtle.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
When I added the Wizard a couple of years ago, I had been reconstituting my system from long storage and adding to it. I had the basics down and my system was starting to show potential. It was fully broken in and seasoned. I had very high quality power filtration including an Equitech 2Q Balanced Power Conditioner etc.

The Wizard was one of the first big 'tweaks' I added into the system. I had an older Symphony Pro that I plugged in for a while, and was surprised that I could hear its effect clearly. The difference was a greater depth and width of soundstage, more liquidity to the sound, and less 'hash' in the treble. So I decided to try the Wizard which was on a healthy sale discount.

When I plugged in the Wizard, the following changes were quite big. I would say it was the overall equivalent of upgrading ALL the components in my system by two to three levels or what I would expect by buying components that were 2X the cost of my current line up. The soundstage widened and deepened, almost disappearing into my walls. The bass just rolled out into the room, deep and musical. The top end was incredibly extended and smooth, so much noise and hash I didn't know was just gone. Everything sounded both warm and pristine.

Since then I've had lots of upgrades and have focused a lot on these kind of power, grounding and EMI/RFI improvements, including other products that use Schumann based resonances. Other stuff has had similar or in some ways better results, and I think my system is really well balanced now. The Wizard has stayed, but that initial experience was revelatory. I haven't heard the other models they have.

cohsys

Jul 25, 2023
Sants Monica
add-powr.com
Another amazing 'tweak' - The new Sorcer Apprentice is like a scaled down Sorcer X4. Incudes 2 Furutech gold plated duplex sockets/IEC inlet, RFI line filter, and optional lexan cover. It is a big step up from the Wizard.

Onepoint5

Sep 23, 2011
The way the Sorcer works is like ifi's ANC, auto noise cancellation, where the noise is measured and an anti noise component is added, effectively nulling the noise.
For Industry, anti harmonic industrial devices exist (Active Harmonic Filter), where the harmonic content is measured and the precise amount of anti frequency is injected into the AC network. Different sizes are for different amounts of anti harmonic current to produce.

To null any frequency:
a) the measurement must be made of the frequency and amplitude
b) Creation of the anti frequency
c) have enough power in the creation of the anti frequency to be effective. This is because to null out the noise, the resonant frequency that ADD talk about, is a short circuit for that frequency. In this case, the Sorcer needs to supply that power.

Given noise can be a few to hundred millivolts the sizing of the Sorcer could be dependant on how much attentuation is sought. There's no description of what each of the Sorcer family can handle, is it 10W, 30W or 50W of noise reduction? No answer. No application guides. That's no interest! No wonder, and I quote "Pseudo-scientific babble produced confusion and doubt in the minds of many audiophiles. Nordost and I were to blame for this." Bill Stierhout Has anything changed?

There is a lot cloudiness around the Sorcer, the other devices are specific, like the Ethernet device, or the noise harvester type plug in units. Once again, how many do you need, what are the limits of each unit, show examples and graphs of noise reduction, before and after, it's not hard..surely!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing