All NEW Camerton Audio BINOM-ER Headphones World's BEST ?!

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
The driver technology coming from Oleh (Camerton) is a step up. It will take people a while to understand what he has accomplished but it has never been done before to my knowledge. That bleeding edge tech is present in the ER (his headphone) as well. In a headphone, one could argue that driver design is that much more important since almost nothing is between the driver and your ears. He has been designing high-end drivers as an OEM for decades. 35hz (no db down) to 25khz from a 4 inch driver is new. And it sounds fantastic. The headphones are going to be counted among the 3 or 4 best in the world...as soon as a reviewer gets ears on them. I just began powering mine with the Mal Valve Head Amp Five....(which I actually use on his monitors as well...lots to say about the Head Amp Five, but perhaps this isn't the spot)
Head5KT170.jpg

Reactions: gleeds

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Can't wait to hear the Camerton head-fi and speakers at your October event! Congratulation on the Mal Valve, an overachiever if looks don't lie:)

Reactions: Fred Crane

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
I think for those smitten with the sound of the Focal Utopia, Audeze, Sennheiser or Final top cans, they're in for a new level of enjoyment.

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
I bet these Headphones would sound amazing with the Western Electric 91E 300B :)

More info about these Headphones here:):cool:

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/camerton-audio-binom-er/23641
They might. We've used them with Destination Audio 45 Monoblocks, the Trafomatic Primavera and Head 2, all of the Mal Valve Head Amps, an assortment of Trafomatic single ended amps, and some other current based solid state amps we're not free to talk about just yet. The results are fantasitc.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
There are many challengers to the throne. Knocking Stax from that throne will indeed require some heavy lifting,

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
There are many challengers to the throne. Knocking Stax from that throne will indeed require some heavy lifting,
I don't think it's a throne. It's more a loveseat or a couch. One of the finest attributes of the headfi game is that you can have more than one pair of 'speakers' in the same room and in some cases leashed to the same system. It is a rarer thing when we have a client with one pair of primary headphones. If someone has the Stax SR-X9000s they more than likely have a few other top offerings...using different headphones for different musical fare or different situations. I wouldn't give up my Stax, but the same would be said of my Camertons and my Spirits...each for their own reasons.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Kings don't like to share power.
I must adnit the landscape has changed with many legitimate contenders to the throne. Gone are the days where non-electrostatic headphone need not apply. Amplification has drastically improved as have planar magnetics. It's not extremely difficult to best Stax in the bass. IMO overall they trounce the nearest competitor. At least among the ones I have heard.

Last edited:

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Kings don't like to share power.
I must ad nit the landscape has changed with many legitimate contenders to the throne. Gone are the days where non-electrostatic headphone need not apply. Amplification has drastically improve5. d as have planar magnetics. It's not extremely difficult to best Stax in the bass. IMO overall they trounce the nearest competitor. At least among the ones I have heard.
Interesting. Of course the 'King' moniker is your mentality, not the headphones : ) For myself, it depends quite a bit upon the supporting cast. Over-all it would be in my top 4 or 5, which are in no particular order...it doesn't make sense for me to put them in order as they react differently to sources, amplification and musical styles. Certainly one of the great headphones. It is one of my go-to listens on the Mal Valve Head Amp 5...seen below. Being able to adjust the voltage specifically has been a real eye opener when using electrostats.

Head5KT170.jpg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I love that amp. I bet it is a warm glow on a cold winter night.

• Love
Reactions: Fred Crane

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing