All New Clarisys Audio Minuet Loudspeakers !

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So, after living with the Clarisys Minute for a few months, I decided to try a set of the ISO Acoustics Gaia 1's underneath the Minutes. I had these installed previously under my rear subwoofers, so I decided to try them on my main speakers.

It was a chore for this old man to remove the Minutes footers and install the Gaia footers, but with the help of some boards and a couple of air wedge bladders I was able to lift each corner one at a time until the deed was completed.

Even though the Clarisys Planar design does not exhibit much cabinet vibration, I was surprised that the footers did indeed add quite a bit of image specificity. My audio room has carpeting, so I also used the Gaia 1 spikes.

Everything in the soundstage now has locked in. Highly recommended!

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
So, after living with the Clarisys Minute for a few months, I decided to try a set of the ISO Acoustics Gaia 1's underneath the Minutes. I had these installed previously under my rear subwoofers, so I decided to try them on my main speakers.

It was a chore for this old man to remove the Minutes footers and install the Gaia footers, but with the help of some boards and a couple of air wedge bladders I was able to lift each corner one at a time until the deed was completed.

Even though the Clarisys Planar design does not exhibit much cabinet vibration, I was surprised that the footers did indeed add quite a bit of image specificity. My audio room has carpeting, so I also used the Gaia 1 spikes.

Everything in the soundstage now has locked in. Highly recommended!

ozzy
Nice one! Its always fun to discover such opportunities to 'make the most' out of fundamentally well designed equipment. Doing similar things with the Wilson XLF.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks, I think I can understand that comment. It’s quite a bit different than most on this forum. I spent consideral time listening for a certain kind of voicing that replicates as closely as possible to what I hear at live jazz clubs. I feel there is good synergy between the different components and I can fine tune with the tubes in the preamp/phono and DAC.
I can imagine a very pleasing sound. I am not as fastidious as you are but I think I took a similar road leading to Rome. Lol. Heil speakers, Pacific, Rowen preamp and monoblocs. Tubes only in the Dac.

Reactions: Bbock

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
But Auditorium is a 3 way with 3 ribbon while Minuet and Studio Plus are 2 way?

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I would LOVE to hear the all new Dan D'Agostino Momentum MxV Integrated amp with these Clarisys Audio Studio Plus Loudspeakers !:oops::oops::cool:

WOW they put some of their Technology FROM THEIR:oops: Very High Priced Relentless Monoblocks amps in their all new Momentum MxV Integrated amp now ! Maybe the very best Amps on the Planet !!

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Florian can you explain / Compare in tech from what I heard last year at axpona to this years rooms models.
Not including the new flagship st this years show
lastly what model does Ron have ?

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Hello there,

well last year we had the Minuet and Studio Plus.
This year we used the same speakers, no change.
New this year was the Piccolo and the upgraded drivers in the Auditorium (the upgrade is available to all existing owners); no need to ship the speaker back or buy a new one (valid for all models).

The biggest departure is the Piccolo which uses a new modular bass frame and panel with a different shape to optimize maximum radiating area for its size. This however will not come to the Minuet, Studio Plus or Auditorium over the next few years.

What is new is that we are introducing double sided midrange/treble drivers for the Minuet, Studio and Auditorium, which again, all existing customers can upgrade and those who ordered recently, will get the upgrade for free, when it comes out. No customer left behind!

Ron has a pair of Studio Plus. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing