All NEW Perlisten Audio S7T Loudspeakers...The World's BEST At ANY PRICE ?!

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Review coming soon on the $8K Perlisten S4B Bookshelf speakers that use the same kind of speaker drivers as the S7T's uses, I can't wait !

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I auditioned these in a dealer's treated audio room along with the Magico A5 and Magico M2, at the end of last year. I had no plans to listen to Magico but they were there.
Both Magico speakers were noticeably better in that listening environment. All were being driven by a D'agostino Momentum integrated amp.
I was disappointed because I had recently read the Stereophile review and thought the Perlistens might be a perfect candidate to change from my Harbeth 40.2 speakers. But after hearing them, they're not really even on my radar. The Magico M series sounded impressive with a much more tangible sound.
Maybe the Perlisten speakers sound better in a non-treated room? All of the speakers sounded too bright in the room in my opinion but it got less bright from the Perlisten to the A3 to the M2. Perhaps at an audio show I'll hear the Perlisten speakers again in a different environment.

Reactions: GuyB

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I auditioned these in a dealer's treated audio room along with the Magico A5 and Magico M2, at the end of last year. I had no plans to listen to Magico but they were there.
Both Magico speakers were noticeably better in that listening environment. All were being driven by a D'agostino Momentum integrated amp.
I was disappointed because I had recently read the Stereophile review and thought the Perlistens might be a perfect candidate to change from my Harbeth 40.2 speakers. But after hearing them, they're not really even on my radar. The Magico M series sounded impressive with a much more tangible sound.
Maybe the Perlisten speakers sound better in a non-treated room? All of the speakers sounded too bright in the room in my opinion but it got less bright from the Perlisten to the A3 to the M2. Perhaps at an audio show I'll hear the Perlisten speakers again in a different environment.
Tube gear sounds best with Perlisten speakers

Reactions: RnRmf

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia

Aren't the Magico M2 like ~ $80K for a pair?

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Aren't the Magico M2 like ~ $80K for a pair?
A Stereophile review of them lists the price of the M2 at about 56K + about 8K for what were optional footers at the time of review. So yes, it might be predicted that the M2 would sound better but the A5 is in the same ballpark and sounded better in the same room in which I heard the Perlisten speakers. I still hope to hear the Perlistens again. They continue to rack up great reviews.

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
A Stereophile review of them lists the price of the M2 at about 56K + about 8K for what were optional footers at the time of review. So yes, it might be predicted that the M2 would sound better but the A5 is in the same ballpark and sounded better in the same room in which I heard the Perlisten speakers. I still hope to hear the Perlistens again. They continue to rack up great reviews.
I can only go by what I could find online from one of the Magico dealers near me:

M2 is $76,500 a pair, and A5 $26,800 a pair. The top of the line Perlisten is now $17,998 a pair. But I get your point. Hopefully I can find a dealer near me that has the Perlisten

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
LOL, some things in this thread crack me up, comparing a 17k speaker to a 76k speaker ?? While I have not heard the Perlisten speakers I have heard Wilsons on several occasions and while I suppose one can surely compare them I can't see any merit in doing so to downplay the Perlisten speakers ability. :rolleyes:

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I can only go by what I could find online from one of the Magico dealers near me:

M2 is $76,500 a pair, and A5 $26,800 a pair. The top of the line Perlisten is now $17,998 a pair. But I get your point. Hopefully I can find a dealer near me that has the Perlisten
LOL, some things in this thread crack me up, comparing a 17k speaker to a 76k speaker ?? While I have not heard the Perlisten speakers I have heard Wilsons on several occasions and while I suppose one can surely compare them I can't see any merit in doing so to downplay the Perlisten speakers ability. :rolleyes:

All 3 speakers were in the same room and the dealer insisted I check out both Magico speakers since he was underwhelmed by the Perlisten as well. Both of us agreed that the 20K Perlisten (with the wood finish it's not 17K) didn't sound as good in his room as the 25K (at the time) Magico A5. Then the dealer insisted I listen to the M2 so I obliged and was further impressed by comparison.

And with all due respect, the Perlisten speakers are reviewed as if they are giant killers so the A5 is fair game for comparison, in my opinion. It's also worth considering the price difference between the A5 and S7T with respect to the place of manufacture.

My opinion (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt based on reviews) is that the S7T might be competitive at their price but I thought the A5 was a better sounding speaker in the room I demo'd all 3 speakers in. But I'd still like to hear the Perlisten speakers in a non-treated listening environment.

Reactions: TDX and twitch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing