All.. New Polk Audio LEGEND L800 Speakers with SDA "The Closest To A LIVE Performance" ?..

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
More feedback!:eek:

This guy has one of the best stereo systems you can buy and he really loved these Polk speakers!;)

Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Here's some Audio feedback from some Reviewers at the Show!
They said ALL the other ROOMS at the Show sounded like they were playing MONO recordings compared to the Polk LEGENDS!..:p

With all due respect, that's just plain silly and extremely hyperbolic. Probably why there is no feedback.

Reactions: jeff1225

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
With all due respect, that's just plain silly and extremely hyperbolic. Probably why there is no feedback.

Look down the page there and click on the play > button there (RMAF 2019 Ron has a new FAVORIT...) and listen to the audio feedback from two reviewers...it just might shock you what they have to say about these Legend L800 speakers!:D...

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Sound Stage Network said they are going to do a review on one of the other speakers in the Legend series first and later on they might review the top of the line L800 speakers!:cool:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's some Audio feedback from some Reviewers at the Show!
They said ALL the other ROOMS at the Show sounded like they were playing MONO recordings compared to the Polk LEGENDS!..:p

https://anchor.fm/newrecordday/epis...ZKprSNKknGwcOujA8TUPPC07lk7l5sCFqelvyzuK3NdSg

Look down this link above and click on the play > button at {Ron has a new FAVOIT...} AND listen to what two reviewers had to say about these L800 speakers...it's a real ear shocker!!..:eek:

I can't wait for these $6K! speakers to get reviewed !:p

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I always liked Polk speakers but remember when the SDA system was first released many years ago. It sounded cool at first, and I made up a circuit to do essentially the same thing to try it out on other systems (there are a bunch of them), but I never really liked the effect. To me it spread the soundstage too "wide" and made it "flatter" with reduced "depth" and compromised the center sound. Sounded impressive at first, but a little further listening and I didn't care for it. Just did not sound "right" to me.

I thought there were some special recordings made to showcase the effect using different mic techniques? Not sure about that, was long ago.

I do remember a few customers bought them and ended up removing the linkage later and using them as a normal stereo pair.

YMMV - Don

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I always liked Polk speakers but remember when the SDA system was first released many years ago. It sounded cool at first, and I made up a circuit to do essentially the same thing to try it out on other systems (there are a bunch of them), but I never really liked the effect. To me it spread the soundstage too "wide" and made it "flatter" with reduced "depth" and compromised the center sound. Sounded impressive at first, but a little further listening and I didn't care for it. Just did not sound "right" to me.

I thought there were some special recordings made to showcase the effect using different mic techniques? Not sure about that, was long ago.

I do remember a few customers bought them and ended up removing the linkage later and using them as a normal stereo pair.

YMMV - Don

These new Polk SDA speakers gives you the Best of Headphones and the Best of Speakers FROM A LOUDSPEAKER In A ROOM!...The Best of Both Worlds! ;)

You hear the Recordings the way they were meant to be heard!..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing