Allnic D10000 DAC My Take

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
I wrote this review over the course of the last 2 months having this DAC loaned to me, generously, from Kevlin Audio. I already own the Allnic T2000 30th Anniversary and the Allnic H5500 phonostage.

It's too long to post on WBF. So I provided a link. Warning, it's a long post. Grab a glass of wine - or a bottle.

Cheers.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
I wrote this review over the course of the last 2 months having this DAC loaned to me, generously, from Kevlin Audio. I already own the Allnic T2000 30th Anniversary and the Allnic H5500 phonostage.

It's too long to post on WBF. So I provided a link. Warning, it's a long post. Grab a glass of wine - or a bottle

Thank you for the review, maybe I missed it, how much is the D10000 DAC?
Thx

Matt

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022

I enjoyed the review.
All that verbiage and I forgot to list the price? $19K
The Holo May KTE lists at $5500

Thanks folks

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
This DAC appears to use 12AU7 signal tubes and worse still, ES Sabre chipsets

Reactions: analogsa

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
This DAC appears to use 12AU7 signal tubes and worse still, ES Sabre chipsets
I do not understand your comment.

I have lot of NOS Amperex 12AU7 which sounds very delicate.

Ideon Absolute also use ES Sabre chips.

It would be nice if I get a chance for home audition of this Dac.

Nuforce

Jan 5, 2021
$19k should be buying you a custom R2R solution and a DHT output stage!

9pin tubes and off the shelf Sabre chips don't belong in high end DACs IMO.

You cannot conceivably get any 12AU7 to sound better than a type 45/01A or 112A!

antigrunge

Jan 17, 2022
I guess we are all entitled to our views. Surely preferably after having listened to what we diss?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
4.D-10000S-F-detail-320x202.jpg

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
There are tubes and there are tubes. I rolled a lot of tubes in my day but no way am I an expert. In fact, I hated it. That Cary SLP05 pre drove me crazy with tune rolling. After a spell, I just wanted here music and not think about whether there's an even 'better' tube out there. I'm sure there was, especially when folks are in the know. I never was, but I'm a tube dummy. I just spent money based upon in the know opinions :D

With Allnic, there's the tubes it comes with and not much to roll as I understand, and that's great for me.

I used to care about the chips, caps resisters and still do. Damn if I can find the .47uf Mitek er myflex (I forgot) caps for my speakers, I'd be modifying them along with the resisters and wire.

But the D10000 is not that in my humble opinion. It stood on its own. But for those in the know, maybe there's more performance to be had. God knows theres always more performance to be had... That's what kills bank accounts and marriages. :oops: Maybe that's due to the amount of money I've spent, always looking for better. But hey, it's a hobby. I'll stick with that excuse and the excuse that the D10000 matches my other Allnic components.

Reactions: charles1dad

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Allnic does not recommend tube rolling.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing