Allnic H8000 and 242 tubes

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
This is a tale of my H8000 and Allnics new 242 tubes. I bought this phono last August. It came with Allnics newly manufactured 242 tubes of which there are 4. After some time the central image drifted to the right which drives me crazy. I contacted David Beetles and he had me email KS Park. He promptly sent 2 new tubes. I still had the problem. He sent 2 more but I still couldn't get the image to center. I moved the tubes left to right and could move the image to the left. I was quite disappointed. After one more email he Sent 2 more. I installed them and Holly Cow! The system came alive like never before. Air. Bloom. Gain. After I moved the tubes around to get the central image set I couldn't be happier.
Great customer service and great tubes. And no I haven't swaped out the rectifier tubes yet. Could it really get better?

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
Did you get a chance to compare the H7000V to the H8000?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
This is a tale of my H8000 and Allnics new 242 tubes. I bought this phono last August. It came with Allnics newly manufactured 242 tubes of which there are 4. After some time the central image drifted to the right which drives me crazy. I contacted David Beetles and he had me email KS Park. He promptly sent 2 new tubes. I still had the problem. He sent 2 more but I still couldn't get the image to center. I moved the tubes left to right and could move the image to the left. I was quite disappointed. After one more email he Sent 2 more. I installed them and Holly Cow! The system came alive like never before. Air. Bloom. Gain. After I moved the tubes around to get the central image set I couldn't be happier.
Great customer service and great tubes. And no I haven't swaped out the rectifier tubes yet. Could it really get better?

Hi so Allnic is making their own 242 tubes now instead of using KR?

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
IMG_6356.jpg

Here is the latest version of the RS242.

Kang Su Park's foresight and need to support his products has led him to take initiative to manufacture tubes in-house! This is EXCELLENT NEWS for H-8000, H-5000 and A-5000 DHT owners! Here is the simplest and most cost-effective to nurture your music!

The proprietary coating of the HL2 makes these tubes resistant to RF/EM pollution. These tubes effectively removed the noise floor and through this previously unachieved clarity reveal new discoveries of all aspects of familiar recordings. The scarcity of some treasured, rare NOS tubes has motivated Allnic to pursue new and exceptional means to support their flagship designs. We cannot find any NOS Telefunken RS242 or Marconi HL2 gain tubes at reasonable prices and recently have been relying on boutique tube manufacturers to produce these. So, Allnic’s KS Park spent an arduous but ultimately successful two years working to reproduce and manufacture the fabled Telefunken RS242 and Marconi HL2. These two tubes, KS claims, are some of the most difficult to reproduce, and now KS is pleased to say that the final versions of the tubes are very high quality – quiet, stable and glorious sounding and stock in all new production of the products using them. Old is new again! Allnic will be manufacturing other tubes in the future, such as the 3A for the L-8000 DHT.

These tubes by themselves are sold factory-direct – an advantage to the user for pricing - and all warranty issues and inquiries are handled by Allnic in Korea. You can contact TH Park at Allnic directly through email at allnicaudio56@gmail.com. PayPal is the payment method. This direct sales system allows for an easy payment method, fast direct shipping, and factory pricing!

For now, Allnic manufactured tubes are sold only to Allnic owners. The Park family desires direct sales to catalog the serial numbers for quality measures. Dealers like myself carry a limited supply for warranty support only.

Again, as I’ve also mentioned before, there is news about Allnic’s MC step-up transformers for the AUT-2000, the H-7000 and H-7000V, and the H-8000 DHT– all these models are now available with silver wire wound MC SUTs! Please note that the silver wire SUTs are optional on new production H-7000/7000Vs for an additional $2500, and standard on current production H-8000 DHT. In addition, upgrade packages of the new silver wound SUTs are now available for installation in current units – at customer’s cost by a qualified technician of customer’s choice - for $2500. I do recommend this upgrade overall because I could not discern any trade-off by swapping transformers.

Attachments

• HL2.jpg
    HL2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I did hear the Allnic 242 last week in the H8000 phono. It was enjoyable and I did not get to compare the tubes, but the owner had burned them in for 50 hours or so and preferred the KR. As it burns in for longer I will report back if he changes his mind.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
allnic forum gone?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing