Alma Audio (EAST!) at Capital Audio Fest

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Friends,

Having served now Southern California (and beyond) for seven years, and faced with a growing number of clients on the eastern coast, we are now opening a second location, in the Washington, DC area! So, we present you, Alma East!

We have secured an incredible 2600 sq.ft. location in Sterling, VA, and construction is well under way (but delayed, of course). We hope to have the showroom open early next year.

In the meantime, we are participating at this year's Capital Audio Fest, a fantastic event that's been going on for many years. As this is our new "local" show, we have opted to present in 5 rooms, to be able to show the various product lines that we represent, and introduce ourselves to our new market.

So, look us up in Rooms 530, 532, 533, 534 and 537. Some of the brands presented: Nagra, QLN, MSB, Technics, MoFi Electronics, Estelon, Bricasti, Innuos, Kubala-Sosna, Bergmann, Graham, Moonriver.

I will follow up with some of the systems we'll be presenting, including some exciting world premieres!

thanks,
Alex

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Great stuff, Alex. Good luck at the show!

Reactions: asiufy

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
I was very impressed with the sound in each of the Alma rooms I visited today especially the one with QLN speakers and Nagra electronics. And for sheer listenability the Graham LS 8/1 are right up there as well.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Good luck to you Alex and Fabio.

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Thanks, guys...
I'm beat, but it was a great show! Attendance was pretty constant and steady throughout the 3 days, with nary a "dip" in the rooms.
Room 532 with the new Andrew Jones designed MoFi speaker was impossible to get into, so I actually did not get my own picture of the system!
So let's see how it went:

Room 530 was Qln speakers, Nagra pre/power, MSB DAC and Innuos server.

IMG_0104.jpeg

Reactions: Alrainbow

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Next was the aforementioned Room 532, with the new MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers, HiFi Rose amp and source.
(this is not my photo, I got it from a member of another forum).

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Next, in Room 533, we had Estelon XB speakers and Bricasti amp + DAC. Innuos server too.

(Bricasti fans/owners, take a close look at the DAC...)

IMG_0116.jpeg

Last edited:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
In Room 534, we had an all-Technics system, with the new brand new (world premiere!) SL-G700M2 CD/SACD/network player.
Spot the also brand-new Innuos Pulse at the bottom of the rack!

IMG_0111.jpeg

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
And finally, Philip O'Hanlon held court in Room 537, with the Graham speakers, Moonriver amp (+ brand new phono stage!) and Bergmann turntable.

My pics came out pretty poor, but this one shows the harpist Isabelle Corriveau playing to an attentive audience in the room, as well as the gorgeous finish of the Grahams.

IMG_0118.jpeg

Last edited:

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
This was our first year at this show, and the experience was overwhelmingly good. The organization was top-notch, everything moving smoothly and on time, sometimes even AHEAD of time! But there was one frustrating caveat: the hotel's poor Wi-Fi.
Unfortunately, hotels are getting rid of the physical, wired Ethernet in rooms, so the vendors in regular hotel rooms had to make do with Wi-Fi. And the sheer number of people connected at once literally brought the house down, with unusable network.
Like magic, the network came back to life past 4pm on Sunday, when the show closed...
This situation didn't allow us to stream, or even download files to feed our servers, so we were severely limited musically. But still, I think we made the best of it, with a good selection of rock, pop, jazz and classical.
With this being another one of our "local" shows, we will surely be back next year, and well prepared for the network situation...
Thanks for all the folks who stopped by and introduced themselves, hope to see you all next year!

thanks,
Alex

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing