AlsyVox Botticelli with external crossovers

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Hi Bill
I'm not a STILLPOINTS fan, but If you like Stillpoints better than original ALSYVOX feet, it's great.
I tested so many feet, cones, ... for 20 years, that's why I become HARMONIX dealer. They won each match. But within HARMONIX line, only REI-168+RF999Z are the best. Others bases are good but nothing compares to RF-999Z (or RF-999M now discontinued).
Kind regards

Reactions: Marcus

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I also use Stillpoint Ultra5's on the BX's at Rhapsody/Brooklyn and I have always been very happy with the sonics. The U5s also allow the BX's to be moved around the room easily if necessary.

Reactions: PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
I also use Stillpoint Ultra5's on the BX's at Rhapsody/Brooklyn and I have always been very happy with the sonics. The U5s also allow the BX's to be moved around the room easily if necessary.
Hi Bob

Stillpoints are not my favorites, but they work for sure. Under Botticelli X bases, luckily BX bases are Acrylic so they damp the feet ringing present il all ball bearing systems. That's why metal ball bearing system could work with good results. It's less the case under electronics to my experience.
The only thing I know well, as engineer in mechanical vibrations and also professor in the past , and proved by listenings, is that ball bearing system with cones is a drain system, so it drains vibes out the speakers and could more or less also be an input from floor resonances if the cones are not really acting as mechanical diodes. Very few are perfect, REI-168, GOLDMUND and even WALKER Valid cones work, but so many are ringing or are dampened. This little part is extremely complex to be effective without drawbacks (metals, shape, critic damping..).
That's why, draining is perfect as soon as the feet system is not ringing at the ribbon frequencies. Japanese that are found of ribbon speakers know this. My Botticelli will receive new feet especially designed for them with an HARMONIX component that is no more available, specially tuned for ribbon speakers.

Have a nice day
Philippe

Reactions: Marcus and Rhapsody

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing