ALSYVOX new external crossovers for Botticelli

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
When I listened to these filters, we (Chantal and I) were surprised by the sense of sound relief, a much better soundstage. Wider, deeper and more precisely located, instruments become more live than merely reproduced by a CD media.
This was evident on David GILMOUR high hopes. The sound of the bell at the beginning of the piece is really clear, palpable. David’s voice is low, barely rough, organic. Stratocaster rifs seems unlimited and give us a sense a thereness very engaging.

On this very good record of Chie AYADO, a Japanese female jazz singer and pianist, listening to a House of Gold or Imagine (Beatles..), the voice is as transparent as it is possible to listen to in a recording studio. Power, minute details, wahoo… The piano is breathless, precision, naturalness of tones, and again a placement in the room that is very similar to what people listen in a private concert.

On this record I know for years, I cannot say that the sound is better than before, not even upgraded, it’s much more than that. It’s just if you listen to a concert row 3 with access to each note, detail, echo of the Olympia stage. Sound is laid bare, very much like when I listen to live an amplified music.

ALSYVOX Botticelli X (i.e with external filters) is an expensive speaker system, but it’s the first time in 40 years that I could really say that music at home is very similar to live performance.
Hat off Daniele and Paola for this rewarding system, that enhance my joy of listening to music, a so important thing for me.
PS : with internal crossovers, the quality of jumpers is mandatory. I tried many, and 2 stand over the competition, ARHAT ou best, ARHAT Lightspeed jumpers from PRANAWIRE.

Attachments

• IMG_9822.jpg
    IMG_9822.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 12.57.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 12.57.43.png
    850.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 13.03.08.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 13.03.08.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 13.21.47.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-11-04 à 13.21.47.png
    865.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9824.jpeg
    IMG_9824.jpeg
    661.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9825.jpeg
    IMG_9825.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9823.jpeg
    IMG_9823.jpeg
    870 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Nice... Speakon sockets the lowest resistance contact there is;)
great workmanship

Reactions: PhP

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Nice... Speakon sockets the lowest resistance contact there is;)
great workmanship
Somewhat OT but if you don’t mind me asking, why do you believe this? I have been working with some today and didn’t see a greater csa than regular speaker terminations. Set screw fitment helps avoid solder but this isn’t a unique feature and the clamping materials didn’t appear to be made of high conductivity material.

Reactions: bonzo75

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
The contact resistance is formed with a four-wire measurement, the voltage drop is measured with a low measuring current of 100 mA across the contact point. The contact resistance can be calculated according to Ohm's law. As a contact surface, neutrik uses pure silver. the resistance is below 2milliohm an excellent value.

Unfortunately, no high-end cable manufacturer uses these sockets, which have been the standard for decades in the professional and studio sector where robust and interference-free contact is important.
i find it very sad

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
4 pole would be equivalent to biwire I guess. The spx speakons i used today had brass contacts; perhaps you have a different model in mind? Anyhow, to my mind the best connector is no connector however in the real world we should simply chose the least bad.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Only the measuring process is 4-pin, has nothing to do with cables. you're right no plugs are best kind. Please look here for the specifications of the socket contact surface is silver.;)
otherwise I also use wbt nextgen
20211104_203203.jpg

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Hello,

I told to some of you that I will push the limits of the Botticelli X. I received the prototypes of the cables that connect the external filters to the planars. The original OMEGA cables are very good, but I thought that it was possible to get better sound without going to crazy designs that cost a lot of money.
This is a design I asked to PRANAWIRE because Joe's designs beat all contenders here in speaker cables and on jumpers (also on power cord !). I will not detail the design but just say that all cables are pure silver flat ribbons, hand polished and use several shielding and especially the new Lightspeed introduced in 2020. The bass cable is different and use a bigger gauge. The sound of these ARHAT Ultimate jumpers with Neutrik connectors is much better than the cables set with the external filters. They are also more expensive . ARHAT Lightspeed short jumpers used for bi-wiring were better also than OMEGA pure silver jumpers, when Botticelli is used with the internal filter.
Transparency is awesome, minute details, faster transients, ambiant cues I never access so clearly here (or elsewhere), body and naturalness is to die for. The most surprising quality is bass, also better with more nuances and tighter.
The final design will be available mid June. If some are interested, I have the exclusivity for these set of cables from Pranawire. You could contact me in MP.

PS : external finish will be a bit different, as the definitive design is wider and a bit stiffer.
An audio reviewer was at PHPAUDIO this morning and he was really shocked by the naturalness but also the performance. Welcome to music lovers that will comme here before or after Munich show.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-05-17 à 18.13.17.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2022-05-17 à 18.13.17.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 16

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
ARHAT Lightspeed short jumpers used for bi-wiring were better also than OMEGA pure silver jumpers, when Botticelli is used with the internal filter.
FWIW. A few weeks ago I substituted Omega pure silver jumpers on my Botticellis for the Cardas Clear and was pleasantly surprised how much more balanced and natural Botticellis now sound.

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
FWIW. A few weeks ago I substituted Omega pure silver jumpers on my Botticellis for the Cardas Clear and was pleasantly surprised how much more balanced and natural Botticellis now sound.
Hello Marcus, I listened to CARDAS Clear some time ago, I found them very good but not on par with Pranawire Arhat. I tried many jumpers those last years including the very good Silent Source silver I bought for some time. Pranawire Arhat are better than all, and the new Lightspeed version I bought in 9/2021 are even better. If you still use jumpers, my ARHAT Lightspeed are on sale, their impact is rewarding.
They use silver flat ribbon, full shielding including the are shielding called Lightspeed, and no soldered spades. Spades are directly made at the end of the ribbon, by far the best signal transfert.

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Extracting the best from Alsyvox external filters. Thank to Kazuo Kuichi (Harmonix Japan) for his help. Improvement is not subtle.
REI-168 + RF-999 Z million.
Also pictured the awesome cables made to link filters to the planars. Improvement is not subtle.
Cables are exclusively made to order, ask PHPAUDIO.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    616.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Marcus

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Extracting the best from Alsyvox external filters. Thank to Kazuo Kuichi (Harmonix Japan) for his help. Improvement is not subtle.
REI-168 + RF-999 Z million.
Also pictured the awesome cables made to link filters to the planars. Improvement is not subtle.
Cables are exclusively made to order, ask PHPAUDIO.
I launched my new audio stand named Convergence®. After 3 years, searching for the best concept (I was professor in mechanical vibrations in a French University), design and CNC tooling, anodization, I made an audio stand that gives me impressive improvements in many ways, to a point that is higher than my expectations which were very high I confess. Everything about Convergence® is on my website here https://www.phpaudio.fr/blog
Thanks to the 4 highly skilled precision companies that make each Convergence® audio stand.
Style, name and vibration cancelling system are patented. 100% made in France. 125 kg.
Now I can say that I get the full potential of the awesome Playback Designs DAC Player, but also Botticelli are now incredibly transparent, sweet, with a wonderful palpable soundstage and are even much better in bass and infra bass. just because the source is playing in the best condition.

Kind regards
Philippe

Attachments

• IMG_2653 2 copie.jpg
    IMG_2653 2 copie.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2660.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 28

Skanda

May 2, 2020
wow that's awesome - a great looking piece as well. any plans to sell it in the us?

Reactions: PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
wow that's awesome - a great looking piece as well. any plans to sell it in the us?
Hello Skanda

Thank you. It's apart of audio major improvements, a style that have roots in some modern art with pure shape (Bauhaus, Constructivism).
Convergence® could be delivered in USA, in UK and of course Europe UE. no plan for other countries.

Best regards
Philippe

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 8

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing