Alsyvox Tintoretto @ Rhapsody.Audio

Greetings,

Rhapsody.Audio now has the Alsyvox Tintoretto available for demonstration.
The first video was taken with the Tintorettos 2 hours out of their flight cases. Alsyvox breaks the speakers in so when they arrive other than some climate acclimation they are "ready to go". Here's a sneak preview with the Taiko Audio Etreme>>>Aqua Forumul xHD>>>>>Pilium Alexander preamp>>>>Pilium Achiles Stereo amp>>>>Alsyvox Tintoretto

SIX HOURS LATER FROM BEING TAKEN FROM THE FLIGHT CASES

Last edited:
Greetings all - a new member here. I have recently been lucky enough to acquire the Alsyvox Tinterettos. I am just starting to do extensive listening. I have a modest sized room (13 by 19 feet) but it meets the suggested dimension range for this baby of the Alsyvox line. I am replacing a pair of Martin Logan CLXs which were just not okay in my room despite lots of effort. I am delighted to report that the Tinteretto gives up nothing by way of transparency to the famously transparent CLX. The ability of the speaker to remove itself from one's consciousness is perhaps its most engaging feature - along with the seamlessness of the whole. I listened last night to an early Mercury Living Presence Lp (Jean Pierre Rampal), a CD with Paul Lewis (Beethoven Piano Concerto no.3) and a second CD - Lost voices of the Hagia Sophia - three utterly different recordings, each compelling. I do have a new problem - at very low frequencies, the house vibrates - I am investigating de-coupling! But this is a final speaker for me (after 35 years of a wonderful journey) if only because the darn things are so heavy I can't fathom getting them moved again! Seriously, they are truly stunning. I would add that the choice to display them at the audio shows with an all-solid state and CD front end is puzzling to me. The only critical reactions amidst a sea of enthusiasm came from a couple of folk who found them a touch cold - well, go figure:) In my all-tube set up they aren't cold, hot, or any temperature: mainly, they just aren't anything - which is wonderful. IMG_2739.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats David...that is one great looking system. Big fan of CJ having owned/used their preamps for 20 years consecutively up through the current CJ GAT 2.

BTW, which preamp are going to transition across to? I have heard great things about the Veloce.

Congrats David...that is one great looking system. Big fan of CJ having owned/used their preamps for 20 years consecutively up through the current CJ GAT 2.

BTW, which preamp are going to transition across to? I have heard great things about the Veloce.
Thank you kindly. I have owned the Veloce for some years (had it upgraded from the original model). It is a really wonderful preamp which has proved itself against a host of others over time. I must say that the Backert is a surprise: It is very different - thus the question mark. It may not quite uncover the last ounce of nuance - a true forté of the Veloce, but (for once the name is honest) it does convey the pace of the music, the dynamics, in a most engaging way (true on both the M.Logans and the Alsyvox). Also, right now I have the middle unit from Backert - I would like to hear the Rhythm™ 1.3 before making a final choice. It's not a question of better, here, just a little different reading of sound. It's also a question of matching with the amp: I had a Zesto amp previously, which produced waves of very full, sweet enveloping sound - the cashmere of amps! The cj digs uncovers more detail, and (IMHO of course) just more "neutral" (in the end, I could identify the Zesto sound, beautiful though it was). But that means in my system I now enjoy the touch of "acceleration" (wish there was a better word) to the sound that the Backert provides. It's certainly great value!

Sorry for these long posts - I will get better at being more succinct in future!

Thank you kindly. I have owned the Veloce for some years (had it upgraded from the original model). It is a really wonderful preamp which has proved itself against a host of others over time. I must say that the Backert is a surprise: It is very different - thus the question mark. It may not quite uncover the last ounce of nuance - a true forté of the Veloce, but (for once the name is honest) it does convey the pace of the music, the dynamics, in a most engaging way (true on both the M.Logans and the Alsyvox). Also, right now I have the middle unit from Backert - I would like to hear the Rhythm™ 1.3 before making a final choice. It's not a question of better, here, just a little different reading of sound. It's also a question of matching with the amp: I had a Zesto amp previously, which produced waves of very full, sweet enveloping sound - the cashmere of amps! The cj digs uncovers more detail, and (IMHO of course) just more "neutral" (in the end, I could identify the Zesto sound, beautiful though it was). But that means in my system I now enjoy the touch of "acceleration" (wish there was a better word) to the sound that the Backert provides. It's certainly great value!

Sorry for these long posts - I will get better at being more succinct in future!
Fantastic! I think Bob Backert (and his son, if I recall correctly) were also responsible for doing some very very well regarded mods to CJ equipment. He was experienced at this, and many CJ owners found great results with their work.

Interesting that Steve McCormack (designer of Veloce) had a JV with CJ and designed some of their products as well many years ago.

Given that you have a great CJ amp as well...you are certainly very consistent about what you like, which is great!

Greetings all - a new member here. I have recently been lucky enough to acquire the Alsyvox Tinterettos. I am just starting to do extensive listening. I have a modest sized room (13 by 19 feet) but it meets the suggested dimension range for this baby of the Alsyvox line. I am replacing a pair of Martin Logan CLXs which were just not okay in my room despite lots of effort. I am delighted to report that the Tinteretto gives up nothing by way of transparency to the famously transparent CLX. The ability of the speaker to remove itself from one's consciousness is perhaps its most engaging feature - along with the seamlessness of the whole. I listened last night to an early Mercury Living Presence Lp (Jean Pierre Rampal), a CD with Paul Lewis (Beethoven Piano Concerto no.3) and a second CD - Lost voices of the Hagia Sophia - three utterly different recordings, each compelling. I do have a new problem - at very low frequencies, the house vibrates - I am investigating de-coupling! But this is a final speaker for me (after 35 years of a wonderful journey) if only because the darn things are so heavy I can't fathom getting them moved again! Seriously, they are truly stunning. I would add that the choice to display them at the audio shows with an all-solid state and CD front end is puzzling to me. The only critical reactions amidst a sea of enthusiasm came from a couple of folk who found them a touch cold - well, go figure:) In my all-tube set up they aren't cold, hot, or any temperature: mainly, they just aren't anything - which is wonderful. View attachment 75518
Hi David,

Congrats on the beautiful system!!!

I regularly use a Jadis I-88 90 Watt integrated on my Botticelli X's. Sounds wonderful. As a matter of fact Daniele from Alsyvox was at my place last year and we both decided the Jadis sounded so good on the speakers that Daniele was scheduled to partner with Jadis at Munich 2020, which of course did not happen.

Anyway, tubes or SS works great on Alsyvox and with the right SS they can be top tier along with good tube amplification, which has its's own magic. Easy to drive and not really fussy with amps in my experience.

Reactions: David MS
Mike Lavigne made a pretty good recording of his system.

thanks, but......maybe you have me confused with someone?

i've only posted a couple of recordings i made, and neither were very good (the feedback scared me away from doing it again). so i would not be any sort of source for system recording guidance.

just say'n.

OTOH with my recent addition of my headphone system, i'd say i can listen to system videos as effectively as anyone. i will claim high ground for that part. :)

thanks, but......maybe you have me confused with someone?

i've only posted a couple of recordings i made, and neither were very good (the feedback scared me away from doing it again). so i would not be any sort of source for system recording guidance.

just say'n.

OTOH with my recent addition of my headphone system, i'd say i can listen to system videos as effectively as anyone. i will claim high ground for that part. :)
I thought you might get some advice from Mike.
I 'just getting into headphones and binaural. What's your headphone system?

I thought you might get some advice from Mike.
I 'just getting into headphones and binaural. What's your headphone system?

if i had some helpful suggestions for recording i'd be glad to chime in.

my new headphone system is the MSB Select Electrostatic headphone amplifier plus the Stax SR-009S headphones. it's hooked up to my MSB Select II dac.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! I only wish I had a reasonable recording device to share the sound:)
Congrats to your purchase David! These speakers are fantastic. I have heard many stunning speakers at my local dealers, such as Vivid, Wilson, Sonus Faber and the big MBLs but the Tintorettis is IMHO very hard to beat. I to come from Martin Logan angle of perspectives and very much like the tone the "Stats" are creating, therefor bound to like the Alsyvox. Yesterday we did a contest at my local dealer. We compared a pair of ESL 13, with a pair of MBL Radiostrahler MBL 101 E with a pair of Tintoretto´s. Altough the Tintorettis had the simpler back end (in terms of Streamer and amplification) it smashed the Martin Logans and the MBLs who where fueled by the mighty Taiko Extreme Streamer and a pair of USD 100k Apurna Monoblocks... In my ears the Tintoretto´s could not be touched... Again. A huge congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin
Congrats to your purchase David! These speakers are fantastic. I have heard many stunning speakers at my local dealers, such as Vivid, Wilson, Sonus Faber and the big MBLs but the Tintorettis is IMHO very hard to beat. I to come from Martin Logan angle of perspectives and very much like the tone the "Stats" are creating, therefor bound to like the Alsyvox. Yesterday we did a contest at my local dealer. We compared a pair of ESL 13, with a pair of MBL Radiostrahler MBL 101 E with a pair of Tintoretto´s. Altough the Tintorettis had the simpler back end (in terms of Streamer and amplification) it smashed the Martin Logans and the MBLs who where fueled by the mighty Taiko Extreme Streamer and a pair of USD 100k Apurna Monoblocks... In my ears the Tintoretto´s could not be touched... Again. A huge congrats!
Thank you so much for your post. They are a permanent fixture:) I am currently driving them with ampsandsound Bryce Monos - just 12 watts per channel but I have yet to get any clipping in my modest sized room, and the clarity, speed,, and soundstage are remarkable. Perhaps a very small loss of midrange "body" from my earlier New Audio Frontiers 845 SE stereo amp, but that's with stock tubes on the Bryce - so some tube rolling ahead.

Reactions: The Knife
Thank you so much for your post. They are a permanent fixture:) I am currently driving them with ampsandsound Bryce Monos - just 12 watts per channel but I have yet to get any clipping in my modest sized room, and the clarity, speed,, and soundstage are remarkable. Perhaps a very small loss of midrange "body" from my earlier New Audio Frontiers 845 SE stereo amp, but that's with stock tubes on the Bryce - so some tube rolling ahead.
I wonder how a pair of Tintorettis would sound with my Gryphon Essence in Class A :)

Reactions: Young Skywalker

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing