An evening with Mike Lavigne

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I just stumbled over a bunch of photo's and video's Mike send me around 9 months ago. These were taken while Mike was hosting an evening for a group of audiophiles. Mike gave me the thumbs up on publishing these but I never got around to doing that, and shamefully have to admit I forgot all about it till now. I feel it's a very nice rendering of Mike and his dream environment imho.

Mike talks about some of our products in the first video's, if that's of no interest to you just skip to the last 3.

Outside1.jpg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Outside2.jpg

Outside3.jpg

Outside4.jpg

Outside5.jpg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
System1.jpg

System2.jpg

System3.jpg

System4.jpg

System5.jpg

System6.jpg

System7.jpg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
System8.jpg

System9.jpg

System10.jpg

System11.jpg

System12.jpg

System13.jpg

System14.jpg

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Video's 3,5,6 have actual musical content, tape, digital, vinyl.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
People listening to videos should keep in mind that unlike other videos or Tang's, Mike's system is heavily room dependent and sweet spot dependent. To listen to sonics on the video in the comfort of your own phone and room takes out more as compared to other systems

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Best photos yet of the Mikel Cathedral. I thought the Lamm ML3s had been moved along.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can someone enlighten me as to what those acoustic treatments on side walls reflection points are, behind the tt? I've never seen that type before.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Best photos yet of the Mikel Cathedral. I thought the Lamm ML3s had been moved along.
They have, these photos where taken mid 2018!

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Can someone enlighten me as to what those acoustic treatments on side walls reflection points are, behind the tt? I've never seen that type before.
A polyfusor variation I guess.

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The ones behind the TT and tape machines ...

Side diffuser showing side relief

"He took the front tapered side walls and made them a huge bass trap on each side. He lined the cocoon wall corners with 2" fiberglass, pulled the false wall corner out about 18", and then tapered the front wall too (so it tapers to the corners of the large center diffuser). The final drawings show a false wall of fabric-covered 1" fiberglass. This creates a huge (it extends about 10 feet down the side wall and 5 feet into the front wall and is floor to ceiling) bass trap (and absorptive surface) on the front side walls and sides of the front walls; it also eliminates the 90 degree corner. The size of this bass trap is much larger than any tube trap and is built into the room."

_____

The ones near the speakers ...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TFusorSingle--auralex-tfusor-3d-sound-diffusor-each

"On each side wall i have 6 Auralex T-Fusors, which are cheap, $59 list price each."

On Amazon a set of four (4) = $170 (US)
https://www.amazon.com/Auralex-Acoustics-Sound-Damping-Products/dp/B000SZWAJ6

So, for twelve (12) total = $510

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Trust Mike to not just go extensive on his room treatments, but beyond the call of duty. Integrated into the room structure is pretty neat.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 25, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
His profile does not reflect the impressive stacks of REL 25s. Have they been eliminated since the 2018 photo also?
Whose system are you talking about? (I don’t think MikeL ever had stacks of REL No. 25s.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing