An interesting mental exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So i watched the World Series last night. It was very entertaining and I enjoyed the whole event.
To recap:
In the Sixth inning the Dodgers third baseman J. Turner was removed from the game and a sub took his place. At first we do not know why. We find out that Turner has tested positive for the Virus.
The game goes on we can only assume he was placed in isolation but no one else is. The game ends and LA wins the World Series and the party begins with family, officials and players all hugging and celebrating. I go to bed.

I wake up today to find that Turner comes back on the filed and celebrated with his teamates, the families and the Dodger officials and even takes pictures with the team maskless.

SO now we have a perfect time to discuss how we feel about htis without knowing the result.
Does this effect no one? Do people get sick? really ill? hospitalized/ death?

The result we do not know right now but we have all lived for months with the Virus and all the hoopla that surround how people shopuld behave,

Your thoughts and PLEASE no politics this is a health issue not a political question
Thanks

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
It was STUPID and SELFISH, both on Turner's part and the Dodgers people in charge.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
So i watched the World Series last night. It was very entertaining and I enjoyed the whole event.
To recap:
In the Sixth inning the Dodgers third baseman J. Turner was removed from the game and a sub took his place. At first we do not know why. We find out that Turner has tested positive for the Virus.
The game goes on we can only assume he was placed in isolation but no one else is. The game ends and LA wins the World Series and the party begins with family, officials and players all hugging and celebrating. I go to bed.

I wake up today to find that Turner comes back on the filed and celebrated with his teamates, the families and the Dodger officials and even takes pictures with the team maskless.

SO now we have a perfect time to discuss how we feel about htis without knowing the result.
Does this effect no one? Do people get sick? really ill? hospitalized/ death?

The result we do not know right now but we have all lived for months with the Virus and all the hoopla that surround how people shopuld behave,

Your thoughts and PLEASE no politics this is a health issue not a political question
Thanks

I think this gal nailed it.

Reactions: Al M.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i think the main issue is that up until the World Series was completed if Turner had come back to his teammates and hung with them that would have been selfish and possibly threatened their collective team goals. they could have lost that game last night, and his proximity might have become an issue for game 7.........or even threatened players on the Rays.

but when he came back it was over. over and done. completed.

at that point, we have a bunch of young healthy professional athletes who want to celebrate with a teammate who was central to their victory. while the optics are debatable depending on how much it got your panties in a bunch, it's just not that big a deal.

each of those athletes and coaches are now going back to the real world out of the bubble anyway. Turner's actions IMHO were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing