Anna Nalick's The Blackest Crow on Chesky Records

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Anna Nalick, a quintessential one-hit wonder, released off of her debut album Wreck of the Day in 2005 a single which is one of my favorite songs of all time: "Breathe (2 AM)."

I continue to feel that "Breath (2 AM)" is lyrically absolutely brilliant:

'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass glued to the table

. . .

There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout

'Cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out

. . . but lightning never struck Anna again.

It turns out she recently recorded an album of covers for Chesky Records. Chesky, for the young'ins among us, was one of the first companies to reissue famous classical music recordings using audiophile remastering and vinyl pressing techniques. Later, Chesky began making very high-quality digital recordings of original music.

It turns out that Anna Nalick signed with Chesky in 2019.

Has anybody heard this album?

E7C15C53-B59E-4B9C-A932-E3B1FBCC9457.jpeg

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hey Ron...interesting, there is one track from this album available on youtube to listen to in case you did not hear that one.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The tracks are available to hear on the Internet. I was just wondering if anybody had heard the high resolution download on his home system?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Anna Nalick, a quintessential one-hit wonder, released off of her debut album Wreck of the Day in 2005 a single which is one of my favorite songs of all time: "Breathe (2 AM)."

I continue to feel that "Breath (2 AM)" is lyrically absolutely brilliant:

'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass glued to the table

. . .

There's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout

'Cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out

. . . but lightning never struck Anna again.

It turns out she recently recorded an album of covers for Chesky Records. Chesky, for the young'ins among us, was one of the first companies to reissue famous classical music recordings using audiophile remastering and vinyl pressing techniques. Later, Chesky began making very high-quality digital recordings of original music.

It turns out that Anna Nalick signed with Chesky in 2019.

Has anybody heard this album?

View attachment 74351
Very nice album that I have listened to.and a very good recording As well.I haven’t heard the high resolution version just thru YouTube.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing