OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
A number of times I’ve seen posts questioning the need to add a second box - like adding a player to the server. This really helps to explain what to expect:

“As good as the K41 sounded on its own, it’s only after forming a pair with its natural K22 partner and when using its reclocker output stage that true magic is in the air. Not just in a manner of speaking, it’s actually there, and in abundance!”

He goes on from there and occasionally references the Grimm. This is an excellent review.

vgmbpty

Aug 16, 2021
São Paulo, Brasil
Christiaan is among the best if not the best for reviewing audio servers.
There are several reasons to need a second box IMHO: Separate power supplies, reclocked ports, better isolation among stages, etc. It adds up. There are single-box solutions that do most things very well, but they tend to be even more expensive (Taiko, Oladra, Pink Faun) or not powerful enough to run DSP and other software (Innuos).

I have a peculiar case, with a very good streamer, the best reclocker I could find, going to the best DAC I could afford. Now I am considering replacing the NUC running ROCK with the K41. I prefer to keep things separated. When I "need" to upgrade in the future, it becomes much easier.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I have the K41 with the K21. I'm just wondering how the Oladra will sound in my system?

OLADRA

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2022
New Zealand
antipodes.audio
I think it has been summed up succinctly in the thread below.

KrellFan1

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix, AZ
Today I am excited to share my experience after having just installed the highly touted Antipodes K 22 music player. My system never sounded so good, and my REL 212/SX sub is getting QUITE a workout and well up to the job. And it is a match made in heaven to appreciate how it feeds my Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and into the Mola Mola Makua, all supported by the remarkable Cerious Technologies Lumniscate cables.

This music player plays with a commanding authority - the likes of which I’ve never heard before … and it’s only got 10 hours on it! Not only is the music alive with pronounced detail- it’s nothing short of utterly engaging. Antipodes says “Give it a few hundred hours before you make any judgement.” Well, out of the box it is incredible. So I’ll provide an update on another 3 or 4 weeks once the unit is properly burned in.

And for anyone wondering, the support from Mark Cole and the Antipodes team is fantastic - top shelf in every respect.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    617.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    634.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0552.jpeg
    IMG_0552.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0554.jpeg
    IMG_0554.jpeg
    657 KB · Views: 18

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
This music player plays with a commanding authority - the likes of which I’ve never heard before … and it’s only got 10 hours on it! Not only is the music alive with pronounced detail- it’s nothing short of utterly engaging. Antipodes says “Give it a few hundred hours before you make any judgement.” Well, out of the box it is incredible. So I’ll provide an update on another 3 or 4 weeks once the unit is properly burned in.
Beautiful system! Really well said about the benefits that Antipodes servers provide.
And for anyone wondering, the support from Mark Cole and the Antipodes team is fantastic - top shelf in every respect.
My experience as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing