Any thoughts on the Dartzeel LHC-208?

essrand

Jan 8, 2018
Haven't seen any reviews or chatter on the forums about this all-in-box.

I am thinking about using it as a SS all-in-solution with my Devore O/96.

Has anyone heard this? Any thoughts, any comparisons?

Thanks.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
It's amazing unit.
We've had it in the store since we started, and it never fails to amaze me.
I haven't tried it with a Devore, but it was really good on Avantgarde horns. Right now it's playing the Wilson Sabrinas beautifully!

cheers,
Alex

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I had the CTH on Devore Gibbon Xs and it was not a good match in the bass.

I love DarTZeel too, so it was disappointing.

essrand

Jan 8, 2018
I had the CTH on Devore Gibbon Xs and it was not a good match in the bass.

I love DarTZeel too, so it was disappointing.

Someone in Audiogon too mentioned that the Dartzeel LHC did not give him great frequency extension in both directions. But with the disclaimer that it might be problems with his room.
I wish there were more people who have heard this amp, it seems amazing for what it does.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I have only heard them on Evol Acoustics speakers and Klipsch horns. They are quite capable and were highly regarded in the French mag "Haute Fidelity" from about 2-3 years ago.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i've heard the darTZeel LHC-208 at shows a few times, and it always satisfies. and zero issue with the bass or high frequency extension......it's a real darTZeel. the dac inside is first rate.

it might be my first choice in an integrated one box solution. just add speakers and plug in your laptop. and with a high quality analog volume control one can add a phono stage and not compromise vinyl.

Reactions: bazelio and asiufy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing