Anybody familiar with Accustic Arts amps?

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Hi;
I am looking to get amps for my 5.2 system. I currently use 5 Wyred4sound SX-1000's and it's time to upgrade. Main speakers are KEF Blade Two's and KEF Reference's for center and surround.

I was brought up on Marantz tube equipment and miss that warmth. But I want to go solid state on these amps and will eventually add a tube based preamp. But for now my prepro being used it the Theta Casablanca IV with the latest DAC upgrade.

My search has lead me to the Accustic Arts Mono II for the front 3 channels and their Amp II (2!channel with separate powers supplies) for the surrounds.
It seems these amps have plenty of power, a quiet background and very neutral mids and highs without the typical SS glare (similar to Levinson?). The build quality is also very high and is typically German in craftsmanship and design. They will be placed next to the speakers.

There is limited information about Accustic Arts and virtually no discussion. That doesn't bother me since that is more a distribution decision than a reflection on their amps. The amps are sold in many other countries. The available reviews are consistent in their assessment of the amps and their character seems to fit my desires for amps. They are said to perform competitively with amps way above their price.

Does anybody here have experience with these amps? I want to hear honest opinions based on having owned or having spent extended time listening to these amps.
I am ready to order but am still not 100% sure about them.

I look forward to your feedback.
Thanks
Popspin

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am not unfortunately familiar with the brand. I took a look at their brochure and as you say, they are super powerful. I found one picture of the innards:

Thermal management seems excellent with those massive and vertical heatsinks. Capacitors are nicely kept out of the high heat area, having been placed in the middle of the unit. Wiring from back panel seems high quality and nice. In some ways it looks like a baby Boulder. Typical nice German engineering.

Hopefully others have specific responses on Acoustic Arts beyond my reading of the tea leaves :).

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
I went in a different direction....Ayre

I am not unfortunately familiar with the brand. I took a look at their brochure and as you say, they are super powerful. I found one picture of the innards:

Thermal management seems excellent with those massive and vertical heatsinks. Capacitors are nicely kept out of the high heat area, having been placed in the middle of the unit. Wiring from back panel seems high quality and nice. In some ways it looks like a baby Boulder. Typical nice German engineering.

Hopefully others have specific responses on Acoustic Arts beyond my reading of the tea leaves :).

Hi;
I have respect for the members on this site and was disappointed when nobody responded to my question about Accustic Arts. Even Amir wasn't familiar with them. While I still liked the amps I noted a used one available for sale longer than it should have been. I am done buying great equipment that I will have problems reselling.
So I ended up with Ayre MX-R's (now updated to Twenty status) and an Ayre VX-5 (will be updated to Twenty) for the center and will get a 2nd for the surrounds.
Simply awesome amps. Very pleasing sound signature that offers the benefits of solid state without the solid state sound. As they say the sound is somewhere between solid state and tubes. Whatever it is I like it. A lot!
I still am impressed with the Accustic Arts products but feel I ended up in a better place.
Popspin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing