Apple Card

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
There are an infinite number of credit card types and perks to satisfy everyone. Well along comes Apple trying to reinvent the credit card andI must admit that the concept has caught my attention. Seems to have benefits of all credit card varieties including "instant" cash back on all of your purchase with this credit going immediately to your apple wallet.

The card is "Titanium" and from what I understand has no visible card number on its surface. Due to appear in June with rebates of 1%, 2% and 3% depending on the type of purchase

Looks interesting tome

What do you think?

https://www.apple.com/apple-card/

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
the security stuff has some merit and is interesting. seems more of an ApplePay driver more than anything. not really interesting for points guys like me though.

I can't see Steve Jobs ever focusing on a credit card however.

I actually thought the Apple News thing was the most interesting release although I'm not sure how much content from each platform is provided.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Steve, I think the cash back element will certainly prove attractive. My family swapped over from the traditional Amex platinum charge card to their cash back platinum credit card @15 years ago and the combination of a spending rebate plus not having to pay an annual fee has certainly added up. If Apple can do this without a minimum spending threshold for entitlement (Amex is @$12k pa over here) then they will have a further advantage.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'm usually a points guy too, but I gotta admit the cashback thing is getting to me...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing