Aries Cerat...A Photographic Exhibition

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Forgive me… what is the correct pronunciation of “aries cerat?” Air-eaze, are-eaze, cer-at, ker-ate, cer-ought…

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The subs he had in Munich 2019 were using the Foxtex Sigma, modded I believe in some way. This look basically the same but a wider version with an extra driver per sub. He really likes this driver as it is also used in the bass/lower mid horn of the
Bill , they are scaled up versions of the Erevus S series base horn utilizing three transducers per horn as apposed to the Everus S horns at Munich 2019 which utilised a pair per unit … An interview with Stavros recorded at the Munich show will expand on the subject

Thanks guys. Very interesting. I have no idea how they get it to function hornloaded into the low 20s with the Fostex Sigma since its fc is 42hz.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Thanks guys. Very interesting. I have no idea how they get it to function hornloaded into the low 20s with the Fostex Sigma since its fc is 42hz.
Good evening Bill , Without disclosing too much proprietory information Stavros touches on that subject from 1 min - 2.30 min in on the following …

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Good evening Bill , Without disclosing too much proprietory information Stavros touches on that subject from 1 min - 2.30 min in on the following …

Thank you very much! Have a great weekend.

Reactions: Argonaut

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

It's the same with a TQWT. The lower frequency of the system depends on the length of the horn and not the resonance frequency of the driver (within limits). My TQWT uses an 8 inch Supravox driver and it gets flat to about 30hz even though the resonance frequency is around 50hz.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

orfeo_monteverdi

Jan 16, 2015
Europe
Even the Daft Punk duo does not have helmets as big as this one.

(very nice pictures BTW in the beginning of this thread, that I just discovered)

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
86BFDEC6-E2C7-491E-94BE-24402EF96D8E.jpeg

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
A demonstration of the capabilities of the Aries Cerat Genus Integrated amplifier , 25W in Class A1, 40W peaks (Class A2) ,paired with a Kassandra Signature DAC, as always headphones if available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willgolf and MJG

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
A demonstration of the capabilities of the Aries Cerat Genus Integrated amplifier.

WHat are the speakers? Very dark video...

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
WHat are the speakers? Very dark video...
Gahhhh , I very nearly went with the correct answer but changed my mind at the last second … He is driving Sonus Fabre Amati Futura, , Taiko Audio SGM Extreme completes the main box count, Signal Projects cable loom.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing