Aries Cerat LE system coming to Oz - Part 2

OZACLE

Apr 15, 2023
Hello fellow WBF'ers

I posted my opening thread on my new Aries Cerat LE system in the general forum (here) and it was suggested that I re-post it in the Aries Cerat Forum.

You will see from my opening thread that I ordered an Aries Cerat LE system (Concero LE monos, Impera LE preamp and Symphonia LE speakers) and at that stage delivery was pending...

WELL, IT HAS ARRIVED! All 800+ hulking kilograms of it!!

First I need to belatedly thank those who commented and thank Ron Resnick for his kind welcome to the forum (sorry, but I try to spend what little spare time I have listening to music, rather than traversing the internet :rolleyes:).

Next, a HUGE thanks to Rob from Purasound on the Sunshine Coast (and John) for spending a full day delivering, installing and commissioning the system.

I also wanted to mention that I just watched the interview that Ron did with Stavros Danos (which I highly recommend watching). I have had the good fortune of briefly speaking with Stavros a couple of times and I have watched several interviews with him, and I continue to be blown away by his unassuming genius. As an engineer and not a sales person, he speaks plainly and directly about the things that matter and make a difference to the overall sound of a system. My experience with a number of AC components now very closely reflects the things that Stavros emphasizes, especially the ultimate objective of an audio reproduction system being to create a sound which is as close to the real experience as possible.

And the Aries Cerat LE system creates that much sought-after illusion of realism to a level that defies belief! Piano, cello, voices (male, female, of all genres), full orchestra, anything acoustic: uncannily realistic. But electronic music sounds incredible and engaging with full energy too. It's sort of pointless trying to describe the sound or compare it to other systems, as the only valid comparison that I can think of is to the actual instrument. And yes my system is fully digital. I was listening alone to Cecilia Bartoli the other day and when the track ended I spontaneously sprang up and applauded - seriously; that kind of instinctive reaction and emotional engagement with recorded music is something that I have never experienced before.

We are looking to move house pretty soon. My wife has been very accommodating in searching for a home that will do justice to the Symphonias. The entire system is in an undersized space at present and ideally we will find a suitably voluminous space to let the speakers breathe (I was thinking about starting a new thread regarding the ideal room dimensions for Symphonias).

Regarding power, I plan to tackle this as a separate initiative once we move: dedicated line from the power box, upgraded power cables and isolation. I'm not a huge cables guy - I use Oyaide silver interconnects and their top speaker cables. I might toy with some more high-end cables to compare, although I do believe that the Japanese metallurgy and engineering in this area are exceptional.

As mentioned in my previous post, I am also looking at rounding out the system with the Kassandra LE DAC. I will see how we are going for space and perhaps get Rob to bring it down for an audition (sorry in advance to your back mate). It would be very interesting to compare the Kass Ref to the LE in a system that is this extraordinary and synergistically correct.

So here are some pics of the system for now... The components definitely need to be better spaced out and separated, and the speakers need to move out from the side and front walls, but unfortunately our current home is severely compromised. All going to plan, this will change very soon :D:D.

20230420_123420.jpg 20230420_130634.jpg 20230420_133343_01.JPG 20230420_165842.jpg 20230428_102117.jpg 20230430_143632.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for starting this thread, and for telling us about your journey and future plans!

Congratulations on getting this amazing system unboxed!

"Unassuming genius" is a very accurate way to describe Stavros!

Reactions: OZACLE

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations!

Gorgeous looking gear!

Reactions: OZACLE

OZACLE

Apr 15, 2023
Thank you for starting this thread, and for telling us about your journey and future plans!

Congratulations on getting this amazing system unboxed!

"Unassuming genius" is a very accurate way to describe Stavros!
Thanks, Ron. I really enjoyed your interview with Stavros. These are really novel technologies, which you can appreciate when you have a chance to hear them in person (e.g TriodFET and inverted triode); they are subtle in an already revealing system but very easy to discern. It was very helpful to hear Stavros' description (technical and sonic), which matches my own experience as an end consumer.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Brilliant system! Its nice to see a completely cohesive system which is the brainchild of a single designer. Rare (Gryphon being perhaps one of the few others who can deliver this.)

Reactions: Willgolf and OZACLE

Johnnygohard

Apr 18, 2022
Congratulations Matt,
I was very lucky to help with the installation and a listen to this amazing system, an unforgettable sound experience it was !
Cheers John

OZACLE

Apr 15, 2023
Congratulations Matt,
I was very lucky to help with the installation and a listen to this amazing system, an unforgettable sound experience it was !
Cheers John
Thanks, John, your contribution was much appreciated. I've been doing a few tweaks re placement of speakers and components - and it's sounding superb! Once we get a bigger space for the speakers, they will be able to unleash their full potential :D.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Brilliant system! Its nice to see a completely cohesive system which is the brainchild of a single designer. Rare (Gryphon being perhaps one of the few others who can deliver this.)
Hm, don't forget MBL ! They use their own metal working machines for everything, even drivers are made in-house Gryphon mainly assemble components made other places. ;)

Reactions: Pokey77

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hm, don't forget MBL ! They use their own metal working machines for everything, even drivers are made in-house Gryphon mainly assemble components made other places. ;)
Of course! Thank you! And all seriously state of the art no less!

Reactions: Pokey77 and Lagonda

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France

orfeo_monteverdi

Jan 16, 2015
Europe
[initially posted there; you said you were prompted to post it here instead]
My listening session with the Symphonias was a mixture of suspended disbelief - the brain is struggling to process in real-time something that it knows should not be possible - mixed with raw emotion and a visceral sense of real music that sounds and feels just so right. Everything else I had heard up to that point paled into a mere facsimile of music; the Symphonias are music! [I colored and emphasized the excerpt]
[please forgive my poor English]
I stumble upon you post by chance.
Congrats for your wonderful system. It's a music-lover's dream, really.

I attend live, unamplified concerts several times a month, but that is exactly what I experienced when I listened to that system, in a dedicated room designed for it (with SMT-diffusors and Helmoltz resonators into the walls). My short feedback, here (in that system-room, the room and the system form a pair).

The only "systems" that I know to be even better, are these ones (I know the first one very, very well; considered as one of Europe's best). But you can't chose the program there...

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut

Don Reid

VIP/Donor
Nov 14, 2020
Congratulations on acquiring what I feel sure is a splendid system. What are the drivers in the Symphonia's bass horns?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing