Aries Cerat put a spell on Wolf von Langa speakers

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Good things come to those who can wait, I firmly believe in this maxima. After painful several months Aries Cerat goodies started coming to Sofia. First was Aperio, the latest integrated amp from Ianus series. Single stage, TriodeFet technology. One tube each channel only, 9,000 hours life, so, almost no maimtainance. I tried it with Wolf von Langa Son speakers. Could hardly believe the transformation of the sound, coming from this well known speakers. In fact the latter disappeared , leaving lovely soundstage. PRaT, timber, presence, flow, beatiful balance, all in spades. Live recordings sounded ... live, I mean it. Emotional involvement complete. This is my way of listening to music, with the heart, not with brain.

Then, one day I decided to try the Aperio with bigger Wolf von Langa Chocago speakers. Well, not surprisingly more of everything. More emotions as well. Quite important role played VYDA cabling, decisive I would say.

Finally, I just got Ageto preamp and QuintEssence monos. After several hours careful unpacking and installation, I switched on the system. OMG ..., I was a bit familiar with that combo, listening to them in Limassol last fall. Even that could not prepare me for the shock. My ecpectations were extremely high, yet the sould blew me away, in a very, very, very postive way. From what I thoght well known speaker sound just left the system , immersed me into the music. Stavros has found the right word / like always / - addictive sound. I just could not stop listening for hours, all kinds of music, with big smile on my face. Dream come true amps, Music making machines like no other. Just for thr record, the source was small Helene DAC. Did I say small,... I meant sonically giant DAC.

Watch this space, more to come as system evolves. What a hobby ! Sometimes I feel blessed to have it.

Sincerely, Vess

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Pictures

Attachments

• 3E67A7B6-2CCF-43F4-ACFE-DC64DE16C752.jpeg
    3E67A7B6-2CCF-43F4-ACFE-DC64DE16C752.jpeg
    797.6 KB · Views: 77
  • A787BCC7-429B-407C-87A7-563295F03D06.jpeg
    A787BCC7-429B-407C-87A7-563295F03D06.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 3D3B08A8-7AF7-41E8-A985-F895A841B950.jpeg
    3D3B08A8-7AF7-41E8-A985-F895A841B950.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 55466DB1-D51F-4155-B0C5-D686AD33BE42.jpeg
    55466DB1-D51F-4155-B0C5-D686AD33BE42.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 73
  • FDFA6A2A-27E8-4C2A-B599-02751F506351.jpeg
    FDFA6A2A-27E8-4C2A-B599-02751F506351.jpeg
    977.7 KB · Views: 73
  • F17488DF-3AF1-4ADA-B31B-14B67816817F.jpeg
    F17488DF-3AF1-4ADA-B31B-14B67816817F.jpeg
    859.8 KB · Views: 75

Audio Addict

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2016
Central Illinois
Good things come to those who can wait, I firmly believe in this maxima. After painful several months Aries Cerat goodies started coming to Sofia. First was Aperio, the latest integrated amp from Ianus series. Single stage, TriodeFet technology. One tube each channel only, 9,000 hours life, so, almost no maimtainance. I tried it with Wolf von Langa Son speakers. Could hardly believe the transformation of the sound, coming from this well known speakers. In fact the latter disappeared , leaving lovely soundstage. PRaT, timber, presence, flow, beatiful balance, all in spades. Live recordings sounded ... live, I mean it. Emotional involvement complete. This is my way of listening to music, with the heart, not with brain.

Then, one day I decided to try the Aperio with bigger Wolf von Langa Chocago speakers. Well, not surprisingly more of everything. More emotions as well. Quite important role played VYDA cabling, decisive I would say.

Finally, I just got Ageto preamp and QuintEssence monos. After several hours careful unpacking and installation, I switched on the system. OMG ..., I was a bit familiar with that combo, listening to them in Limassol last fall. Even that could not prepare me for the shock. My ecpectations were extremely high, yet the sould blew me away, in a very, very, very postive way. From what I thoght well known speaker sound just left the system , immersed me into the music. Stavros has found the right word / like always / - addictive sound. I just could not stop listening for hours, all kinds of music, with big smile on my face. Dream come true amps, Music making machines like no other. Just for thr record, the source was small Helene DAC. Did I say small,... I meant sonically giant DAC.

Watch this space, more to come as system evolves. What a hobby ! Sometimes I feel blessed to have it.

Sincerely, Vess
Amu updates? I have the Aries Cerat Concero 25s.

vess

Nov 4, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.audio-bg.com
Hi, there are Aries Cerat Aurora speakers replacing WVL, Homerus double PS DAC and Zephyrus phono. You can't get better than that ... unless ... you get Contendo speakers.

Concero 25 will be a bit weak for Chicago, you need 65 watts from Aries Cerat. Or at least 40, like Aperio. With Concero 25 you can drive Son. And Aurora of course.

Best
Vess

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing