Aries Cerat Signature System ‘La Lune’

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Phase 3 will enter the analog domain with Talos Signature and Topwing Red Sparrow … turntable and tonearm still under consideration at this time.

View attachment 94716

Please consider the Bergmann Galder with Odin tonearm. Or another combination but with linear tracking arm. Trust me, you’ll be thankful for this decision with your red sparrow.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Please consider the Bergmann Galder with Odin tonearm. Or another combination but with linear tracking arm. Trust me, you’ll be thankful for this decision with your red sparrow.
Having spend decades putting together systems comprising of disparate manufacturers , much of it working , some not so well , I am of an age where I am entirely comfortable and content with my choice of a full Aries Cerat system in the certain knowledge that the component parts are entirely designed to breath life into recordings with a remarkable organic synergy.

Like wise the trinity of Brinkmann Galder , Odin , Red sparrow .

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Like wise the trinity of Brinkmann Galder , Odin , Red sparrow .

I cannot resist commenting that my personal Bergmann "trinity" is Galder + Odin + Air Tight Opus.

Reactions: Argonaut

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I cannot resist commenting that my personal Bergmann "trinity" is Galder + Odin + Air Tight Opus.

Why? There are no observations saying Opus is better on LTs as compared to pivots as there are for the red sparrow. Of course, some might prefer most of their favorite carts on some LTs compared to red sparrow, but then there is nothing that says Bergmann Galder Odin is that good as a general LT or better than other pivoted tables

The red sparrow Bergmann comment comes from the fact there are very few choices on LT, there is Bergmann Sindre, Galder, Vyger, so restricted choice. CS port could work but no one seems to have heard the pairing to vouch for it. And then there are the pivoted LTs of which a number of audio exotics guys used the top wing on Thales statement.

Themoon is following Stavros' Aries cerat set up which also uses red sparrow on Bergmann (Stavros chose this cart after also listening to the etsuro gold),

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Why? There are no observations saying Opus is better on LTs as compared to pivots as there are for the red sparrow. Of course, some might prefer most of their favorite carts on some LTs compared to red sparrow, but then there is nothing that says Bergmann Galder Odin is that good as a general LT or better than other pivoted tables

The red sparrow Bergmann comment comes from the fact there are very few choices on LT, there is Bergmann Sindre, Galder, Vyger, so restricted choice. CS port could work but no one seems to have heard the pairing to vouch for it. And then there are the pivoted LTs of which a number of audio exotics guys used the top wing on Thales statement.

Themoon is following Stavros' Aries cerat set up which also uses red sparrow on Bergmann (Stavros chose this cart after also listening to the etsuro gold),

I'm not making any of the comparative observations you are assuming. I have heard the Opus 1 on Odin on Galder three times, and I liked it each time. That is all I am saying by that post; nothing more.

Reactions: lordcloud and hogen

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm not making any of the comparative observations you are assuming. I have heard the Opus 1 on Odin on Galder three times, and I liked it each time. That is all I am saying by that post; nothing more.

Ok.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
By way of a small update and addendum, Phase 3 has headed off on a slightly different trajectory by way of the acquisition of a Vyger Indian Signature IV Generation turntable partnered with a Topwing Red Sparrow, hopefully delivered during the month coming.

I was initially a little concerned at the sparsity of pressure gauges, however I have been assured that three will be quite adequate :)

Future considerations revolve around the addition of a second Vyger Vision tonearm array and a disparate cartridge by way of diversity.

A42AD755-9E33-459F-9255-D154438EFD40.jpeg

5C5F2998-A219-4CEB-8DAD-5A8A11CB678B.jpeg

038ACB8A-53FB-4A9B-A0AD-B7BC1ACBD553.jpeg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Pretty silly to take only the top half picture of the Indian. Makes it look like an Atlantis

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Pretty silly to take only the top half picture of the Indian. Makes it look like an Atlantis
Lol .. give me a chance Ked, the main image on the Vyger website is cropped at the bottom , rather curiously , I had to go searching for a previous downloaded image, , there sorted.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
By way of clarification, this development does not alter in any way my consideration that the Bergmann Galder and Odin tonearm are a First Class turntable and tonearm combination , beautifully designed and manufactured to exacting standards and extreme tolerances, images alone not doing justice to the Bergmann in that regard, add a good cartridge and it replays a recording beautifully and with consummate musicality.

Reactions: hogen

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
I thought that I would share my elation in having just placed my order for an Aries Cerat Impera II Signature pre amplifier and Aries Cerat Concero Signature 65W Mono pair amplifiers...
To say that I am exhilarated at the prospect of the new system would be quite the understatement!

View attachment 81636
Wow, Congrats!! Did you consider the Ianus Ageto, or was the Impera Signature the only girl for you?

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Wow, Congrats!! Did you consider the Ianus Ageto, or was the Impera Signature the only girl for you?
Hi Kerry, well the catalyst began in the first instance with ordering a pair of Symphonia LE’s having first experiencing the AC system at Munich 2016 , mulling upon that experience for a number of summers before spending time listening to the fabulous full on AC system belonging to a member residing in North London.

I have always been a light bulb kinda guy and wishing to put together an entirely synergistic AC system, the signature level of electronics seemed to provide just such a synergy that I felt confident worked with the Symphonia horns.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing