Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 Updated

patrickd

Jul 28, 2011
The arm is on the way back to the UK for repair under warranty so the table is gathering dust (metaphorically only) until I get it back. No jokes about idlers please.

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Over the course of the past 2+ years we have been slowly, quietly and meticulously developing the world's first, state-of-the-art heavy billet chassis plate for the legendary Garrard 401 idler drive platform. The first production run of Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 Statement (v.2) chassis plates has just been announced. The immediate audibly increased clarity, channel separation, lower noise floor and improved transparency as a whole made our design efforts well worth the tedious, time consuming and costly endeavor. :)

2F3A0317 copy.jpg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Over the course of the past 2+ years we have been slowly, quietly and meticulously developing the world's first, state-of-the-art heavy billet chassis plate for the legendary Garrard 401 idler drive platform. The first production run of Artisan Fidelity Garrard 401 Statement (v.2) chassis plates has just been announced. The immediate audibly increased clarity, channel separation, lower noise floor and improved transparency as a whole made our design efforts well worth the tedious, time consuming and costly endeavor. :)

Chris,

very impressive!

is it only aluminum billet, or is Stainless Steel billet an option too?

and is there a choice of alternate platter surface materials?

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Preliminary Garrard 401 Statement Billet Al/Mg Chassis Plate Photographs (Note: Raw and unfinished!) :cool:

2F3A0358 copy 2.jpg

2F3A0413 copy 2.jpg

Garrard 401 Statement Chassis Plate Weight = 3.2kgs. ~ 7.1lbs (97% increase of mass over stock Garrard 401 variable casting type alloy chassis plate and front fascia plate @ net weight = 1.6kgs. ~ 3.6lbs)

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Greetings Mike!

Yes, as a Statement model, Stainless Steel billet chassis material will be made available.

Absolutely, for heavy platter top surface interface choices, Pure Copper, Stainless Steel, Magnesium Alloy and Aircraft Aluminum 7075-T61 series are optional.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Greetings Mike!

Yes, as a Statement model, Stainless Steel billet chassis material will be made available.

Absolutely, for heavy platter top surface interface choices, Pure Copper, Stainless Steel, Magnesium Alloy and Aircraft Aluminum 7075-T61 series are optional.

thanks. from my extremely fond recollections of my Dobbins 301, and with all the work you've done to take the 401 so far, got to be just an excellent performing tt. I hope to hear one at some point.

thanks.

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
thanks. from my extremely fond recollections of my Dobbins 301, and with all the work you've done to take the 401 so far, got to be just an excellent performing tt. I hope to hear one at some point.

thanks.

My pleasure. The 401 Statement's playback character one word summary = Thrilling!.... :D PM me directly anytime with questions.

Bob Heinatz

Jun 21, 2010
Chris is the real deal. He built me a Lenco in piano black a few years ago and I still marvel at the build quality and sound. I can only dream of the sound from the new 401.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Chris is the real deal. He built me a Lenco in piano black a few years ago and I still marvel at the build quality and sound. I can only dream of the sound from the new 401.

Hi Bob, I recently heard the PTP lenco. I have preferred the lenco and the schopper modded thorens 124 to a couple of restored 301s I heard here in the UK. Can you please tell me if you compared your lenco to what you had previously, and if high drive, bass, and dynamics and large stage are characteristics of your Lenco? Thanks

Bob Heinatz

Jun 21, 2010
Hi Bonzo,
I was able to compare my Lenco with my previous table a fully restored Thorens 125 mk2. I had the Thorens performing at a very high level and the Lenco was just in another league. Yes bass, drive, energy were incredible along with all the micro details. I guess the major difference is with the Lenco I just enjoyed the music and didn't try to analize what I was hearing. If you have the budget for a AF Lenco go for it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I don't think the TD 125 is in the same league as 124. But yes glad to know you are enjoying the same characteristics from the Lenco. What arm and cart do you have on it?

Bob Heinatz

Jun 21, 2010
Agreeded about the 124. Used same arm and cart on both tables. No contest Lenco. SME V arm Ortofon Black Cradenza.

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
2F3A1776 copy 2.jpg

2F3A1783 copy 2.jpg

2F3A1851 copy 2.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing