Attention REL sub owners

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I recently replaced the factory supplied amp to sub cable with Signal Cable's version which was less than half the price of REL's upgraded cable.

Suffice to say, a big, positive improvement. What I hear is a transparency increase with my Pulsar's and a jump in low bass definition and imaging. For the price, well worthwhile. And Frank does offer a 30 day money back.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Update. Frank recommends 50 hours of break in and that estimate is pretty accurate. Kicked into hi gear two nights ago. Fuller / deeper bass, more transparency, etc. Highly recommended.

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
I ordered a pair of cables from Signal for my new pair of G1 MK2s. Worked out well because the cables came (by USPS) a few hrs before the dealer delivered the subs. Frank was a good guy to work with and he expedited my order. The subs/cables still need more break-in but they sound good in my crappy room.

I think at some point I will order another pair but at $11k for the set they're not cheap. I'm also a little concerned that the stacked pair would be as tall as my main speakers (Hansen The Prince). Maybe that's not really a problem though.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I ordered a pair of cables from Signal for my new pair of G1 MK2s. Worked out well because the cables came (by USPS) a few hrs before the dealer delivered the subs. Frank was a good guy to work with and he expedited my order. The subs/cables still need more break-in but they sound good in my crappy room.

I think at some point I will order another pair but at $11k for the set they're not cheap. I'm also a little concerned that the stacked pair would be as tall as my main speakers (Hansen The Prince). Maybe that's not really a problem though.
Could you pls provide the link for Signal cables ?
I am using REL Bassline Blue cables with speakon connectors on the sub side.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I have had success with cables from Analysis Plus with their REL cables. Haven't tried Signal Cable but I love the price and I'm sure they are great.

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
I've had the Bassline Blue cable from REL. It's very good but like $600 each. Someone recommended Signal to me as something comparable at half the price. I've heard Analysis Plus is very good as well:

Please let us know how it works out.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I have tried a 6 pack of S/510 and LOVE THEM! My room/system isn't up to par for the G1s. If you can pull off another set of G1 MK2 I say go for it. I'm pretty sure you will love them.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I am thinking of adding a REL S-812 to my system. I have a question about the starting order: first it must be the amplifier and then the REL, the other way around or it is indifferent.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
In my opinion the amp should be matched with the main speakers first. REL have built in powerful amps in class D ( those in S/812 have 800 W ) and they need very little power from the main amp to work. There are two ways to connect subwoofers - high level speakon cables and low level rca. In my system the first option is much better. I tried S/812 - they are very good but if you can afford I would recommend new Carbon Special , a significant improvement compared to S/812.

S/812 12 Inch Home Subwoofer | REL Acoustics

Carbon Special Subwoofer | REL Acoustics

Last edited:

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well I think Google Translate did not say what it wanted to ask. I was referring to the power on order of the devices. I do not know if the order is important, or is indifferent.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I'm having great success with Morrow REL sub cable on my REL 212SE sub.

Reactions: Leekg

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com
Just got a T/7i and trying to integrate it with some Vapor Sound Auroras. So far, I have the crossover between 9-10 o'clock on dial and input between 11-12. I find with many current digital files on Tidal/Roon the bass is a little too earth-shaking. I like the bass evident but not overwhelming.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I think it's a good thing that you can clearly hear when the sub is not blending. Patience and fine tuning will make the transition inaudible. I find it easier to be below optimum and increase volume and x-over accordingly.

Just replaced the T7i with the T9x and am very pleased with the change. However, I better appreciate how good the T7i really is. Amazing what it does for its small size.

Reactions: findog

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I think it's a good thing that you can clearly hear when the sub is not blending. Patience and fine tuning will make the transition inaudible. I find it easier to be below optimum and increase volume and x-over accordingly.

Just replaced the T7i with the T9x and am very pleased with the change. However, I better appreciate how good the T7i really is. Amazing what it does for its small size.
Congratulations on the upgrade.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
I would also recommend buy a "Subdude" platform for your REL. Available on Amazon, inexpensive, and works quite well to mitigate floor induced vibrations.

Reactions: findog

Republicoftexas69

I am going to look into Toms Speakon cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing