Attention Torus Isolation Transformer owners. New Power Cord

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Westlake Village, CA, USA
I recently replaced my stock power cord to my Torus RM 20 BAL isolation transformer. This the the Balanced version which uses 240 v. This configuration provides additional noise cancellation as the two input phases are 180 degrees out of phase from each other. I asked Cardas to make me a Clear Beyond power cord that uses the unusual plug needed for the 20 amp receptical. This is a NEMA 6-15. Interestingly, I also asked Shunyata and Audioquest if they could make one and both said they could/would not be able to make this for me. Cardas was quite Easy to work with and sent me the custom cable quickly. They only charged me the standard price that they charge for the Cardas Clear Beyond cable. i am happy to report that this new PC actually made a nice discernible improvement in SQ. I waited several weeks before critical testing between new cord and stock cord but am happy with purchase. I will be keeping cable.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing