Audience aR6-TSS vs aR6T-SSOX

MM622

Jun 3, 2013
I’m using Audience aR6-TSS power conditioner a few years, I’m very happy with the performance this power conditioner. Now I can upgrade this gear to get a brand new aR6-TSSOX by paying about US$1920. However, I’ve compared it side by side at the same time, it seem like the sound quality is not significant between aR6-TSS and aR6-TSSOX. Have you compared it before? Do you think it si worth to pay this money upgrade to get the OX version? Any input please advise. Thanks.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
If you have already compared the two and felt the difference to be slight, then it is not worth changing. Spend the $2k saving elsewhere on more meaningful gains.

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
According to my local Audience dealer said, Audience will release their new power conditioner AR6-TSSOXM in soon (M = Morre).
Does anybody test it before? How does it compared with AR6-TSSOX in sound quaility?

Ref:
http://audience-av.com/morre/
I hope I have time to pick up on this Saturday. AR6-TSSOX is already very good in my home, nothing restricted power etc. Music is more musical and live, only problem is it gives better power even with power amp plugged together! I need to re position my speakers and room acoustic to accommodate this power. So I’m very much looking forward to this “M” model.

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
Only running for 2 days. Nothing stunning , only more smooth , more relaxing but it gives more power to amplifier than wall plug when connected all in the conditioner. Very similar to TSSOX version for now. Wait till it fully break in.
F2ECEA92-0E98-4B9D-9F1F-54CA13DFB2D9.jpeg 42E50CF0-B6DD-4956-8524-53F8FAC213B0.jpeg

restock

Nov 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Very curious on your impressions on the TSSOX vs the TSSOX-M version - I just received a brand new TSSOX -M with the name now changed to aR6-T4 to mark the larger departure from the TSSOX.

Are you using it primarily with Au24 SX cables or the new frontRow power cords?

Sa683s

Jun 26, 2017
Using 24SX, but I tried FrontRow. FR is surely a step above , its more detail compare to 24SX. I will buy FR if add one more power conditioner.

restock

Nov 13, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Using 24SX, but I tried FrontRow. FR is surely a step above , its more detail compare to 24SX. I will buy FR if add one more power conditioner.
Thanks!! Have you tried the FrontRow vs Au24SX to the conditioner or also from aR6 to amps etc.? Also, have you tried any of the other FrontRow cables (IC, speaker)?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing