Audience Introduces its JEWEL CableLifter

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
San Marcos, CA, August 25, 2020 -- Audience today announced the introduction of its JEWEL CableLifter, designed to raise cables off floors, and distance the cables from each other.

The new JEWEL CableLifter is ideal for use underneath power cords, speaker cables and interconnects. Elegant and understated in appearance and made from an attractive clear material, the CableLifter was created with the goal of improving sound quality in high-end audio systems by reducing proximity to interference like conductive concrete slabs and to other electrical cables.

In addition, Audience's JEWEL CableLifter is perfect for use under AC power cords, especially heavier ones, to keep them from sagging in the AC outlet and to ensure maximum electrical contact. CableLifters also give a system a neat, "finished" appearance.

"Many audiophiles recognize the use of cable lifters as a useful refinement in extracting the last bit of performance from their systems," said John McDonald, president of Audience. "By raising the cables off the floor and keeping them away from each other, improvements in detail, resolution and spatiality can be obtained, for a more satisfying listening experience."

The Audience JEWEL CableLifter is currently available at a suggested retail price of $60 each.

Jewel.jpg

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
Haven't seen anything like that since cigarettes went out of style.

Mr. Rubinson, you're right, the new Audience cable lifts do bear a striking resemblance to those oversized cigarette lighters found on seemingly every suburban coffee table from the '60s and '70s, That said, may I suggest what appears to be a more immediate source of inspiration for the Audience Jewel? If, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then the proprietor of Massif Audio Design, Trevor Doyle, deserves to feel very flattered indeed. For years, Massif Audio has been making a nearly identical product, Cable Risers, similarly shaped and proportioned, but beautifully handmade from select pieces of the finest domestic and exotic hardwoods. These can custom-sized and the wood can even be matched to your cable colors or room decor. In other words, why settle for the imitation risers when the originals are so much more striking?​

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Massif-Audio-Design-337970706403672/photos/?ref=page_internal

2020-09-06_10-19-10.png

2020-09-06_10-16-00.png 2020-09-06_10-17-32.png 2020-09-06_10-13-33.png

Reactions: CKKeung

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
Mr. Rubinson, you're right, the new Audience cable lifts do bear a striking resemblance to those oversized cigarette lighters found on seemingly every suburban coffee table from the '60s and '70s, That said, may I suggest what appears to be a more immediate source of inspiration for the Audience Jewel? If, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then the proprietor of Massif Audio Design, Trevor Doyle, deserves to feel very flattered indeed. For years, Massif Audio has been making a nearly identical product, Cable Risers, similarly shaped and proportioned, but beautifully handmade from select pieces of the finest domestic and exotic hardwoods. These can custom-sized and the wood can even be matched to your cable colors or room decor. In other words, why settle for the imitation risers when the originals are so much more striking?​

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Massif-Audio-Design-337970706403672/photos/?ref=page_internal

View attachment 69034 View attachment 69035 View attachment 69038
They'd be a lot nicer without the ugly label. ;-)

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
They'd be a lot nicer without the ugly label. ;-)

The Massif label can easily be removed. The Audience label, however, looks like it's baked in.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
San Marcos, CA, August 25, 2020 -- Audience today announced the introduction of its JEWEL CableLifter, designed to raise cables off floors, and distance the cables from each other.

The new JEWEL CableLifter is ideal for use underneath power cords, speaker cables and interconnects. Elegant and understated in appearance and made from an attractive clear material, the CableLifter was created with the goal of improving sound quality in high-end audio systems by reducing proximity to interference like conductive concrete slabs and to other electrical cables.

In addition, Audience's JEWEL CableLifter is perfect for use under AC power cords, especially heavier ones, to keep them from sagging in the AC outlet and to ensure maximum electrical contact. CableLifters also give a system a neat, "finished" appearance.

"Many audiophiles recognize the use of cable lifters as a useful refinement in extracting the last bit of performance from their systems," said John McDonald, president of Audience. "By raising the cables off the floor and keeping them away from each other, improvements in detail, resolution and spatiality can be obtained, for a more satisfying listening experience."

The Audience JEWEL CableLifter is currently available at a suggested retail price of $60 each.

View attachment 68707
I would like to know what that "clear material" is actually.
Glass/crystal or plastic?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
Got some info from John:

1) this is an exact design that Audience has used for 20 years, a 2” cube for a lower profile set up.
2) the material is a dense polymer.
3) the logo is only fully apparent when looking right down into it. Otherwise it just adds some pretty gold reflections against the beautiful blue color.

PS- I plan to order some to put under my power cords.

Reactions: CKKeung

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
You're right, Audience's cables are rather thin compare to the overpriced fat ones. I had my woodworker make me some lifts for my Audience frontRow speaker cables from Jatoba wood to match the equipment stand he made for me.

Lift.jpg

The red CAT5 cable goes from my NAS to my Auraliti PK90 w/linear PSU.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing