Audio Note E 16ft apart from each other

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Hi all,
Having headache deciding the speaker for my Kondo Ongaku + Kondo G70 27 Watt SET. Liked the Canterbury SE loaner I have but the speaker seems to be a bit underpowered with 27 watts only. Considered Tannoy Kingdom Royal but it doesn’t seem like a good choice, considered Avantgarde Trio Luxury but my room is too small for it. Currently considering Avantgarde Mezzo Duo or Westminster GR but a dear wise audiophile friend told me to consider AN-E speakers and told me it should match perfectly with my Kondo. I will have solid corners in my room which will be perfect for corner loading AN-E speakers, problem is, my room is very wide (for small speakers) at 4.85m/16ft wide. Will AN-E speakers works being separated that far from each other?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
2916E0A6-4D19-4B96-94B8-4194E39999B1.jpeg

E017125B-07FA-4817-A870-B8806053C6DE.jpeg
2602B5DF-F8B5-4883-9B8F-ECD7E9DA128B.jpeg

First and second pictures was mockup installation. Last picture is wall divider on left corner being built. It’s not solid brick wall, rather a silicate hard board with steel frame jam packed on the inside with insulation fibers. On the right I will get rid of the glass doors and replaced the corner with solid brick wall. Wondering also if this will work as the right corner will be solid brick wall and the left corner will be a rock hard silicate board wall, as hard as it is obviously it is not as solid as brick wall.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I don’t want to play salesman so only mentioning this because this person has the same amp as you and the AN-E speakers. You can see he felt the Vikings were much better. Go to the TubeMaster page and scroll down to the review from Paul.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
I don’t want to play salesman so only mentioning this because this person has the same amp as you and the AN-E speakers. You can see he felt the Vikings were much better. Go to the TubeMaster page and scroll down to the review from Paul.

You just made me more confused LOL! But I love it, wooden horn should be nice. Any suggestions re bass department? They make basshorn too but seems like I need another amp or I can just jumper wire?

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Forget my question if you are talking about the actual Tube Master speakers which is horn loaded only on tweeter and has the bass department handled. Seems super sweet, I’ll have a closer look. Have you ever heard one?

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I’ve had 3 pairs of Viking speakers and my 4th are almost done. The bass is very good with Viking, that’s one of their strong points. I’ll also say I heard AN-E a decade ago at a show and liked those too. Maybe Viking can put you in touch with the other Kondo owner. I would just email them for more info.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Sounds good. I’ll email them tonight, thanks for the informations. From the website it seems like they specifically favor Kondo Ongaku for L’instruments. What do you think about L’instruments if you own/heard one? Compared to say Avantgarde Duo Mezzo XD?

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
View attachment 76465

View attachment 76466
View attachment 76467

First and second pictures was mockup installation. Last picture is wall divider on left corner being built. It’s not solid brick wall, rather a silicate hard board with steel frame jam packed on the inside with insulation fibers. On the right I will get rid of the glass doors and replaced the corner with solid brick wall. Wondering also if this will work as the right corner will be solid brick wall and the left corner will be a rock hard silicate board wall, as hard as it is obviously it is not as solid as brick wall.
Looks stunning.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing