Audionet Heisenberg Mono Amplifiers

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
After it was clear to me that the Audionet Stern would stay in my system,

I got the chance to listen to the

http://www.audionet.de/maschinen/heisenberg/

Fortunately, the Heisenbergs also fit mine Critical Mass Systems Maxxum Ampstand, so that the Heisenberg was set up quickly. This was a real surprise to me, as my CMS Ampstand is a custom size and before it was able to host two of the JRDG M825 and now the Heisenberg do fit :)

The first impression of the Heisenberg was a bit disappointing.
Fortunately, however, I had been warned that the cold Heisenberg, fresh from the palette, would work, but not be fun.

So I allowed the amps to arrive for 2 days until they were at room temperature and only then listened more intensively.

The impression I had of the STERN continues with the Heisenbergs, compared to the Rowlands there is more information, more agility, more liveliness, even at low volumes, but the mid-range is a bit more "neutral" and less involving.

But especially in this area I was promised a development over the break-in period.

In this respect, Stern and Heisenberg have been running almost without interruption for about 2 weeks and are indeed playing better and better.

The devices go through the usual run-in curve, ie there are days when you think "it can stay that way" only to have lost a bit of the performance over night.

But after 2 weeks this slowly stabilizes at a high level. At least I hardly notice any differences between the days.

This was when I started fine-tuning.
New "large" power amplifiers in particular can have such a great impact on loudspeaker reproduction that it is sometimes necessary to reposition the loudspeakers.

Indeed, the Osiris are now more angled.

I will certainly continue to experiment with this parameter. In terms of cabling, the Audionets prefer the Black Label I XLR cable version to the more recent Black Label III version.

Fortunately, I have both cables there in sufficient length. As an alternative, I am currently looking for a 6 to 8m long MIT or transparent signal cable in XLR or RCA. Imagine that at this point I can still get a slightly better adaptation to my MIT speaker cables. MIT and Transparent Kabel also have a reputation for harmonizing particularly well with broadband amplifiers.

But even at the moment it is fun to listen to the Avalon Osiris, the ease with which the Heisenberg can operate these loudspeakers is enormous.

The two M825s were more powerful on paper, but obviously the Heisenberg copes better with the complex load of the Osiris than the Class D concept of the M825.

Since I hear rather quietly during the day, because I work in parallel, the sound result is as I presented it, because the liveliness gained is particularly positive when listening quietly, the music now appears authentic and real much earlier on SPL

The power reserves of the Heisenberg are also sufficient for higher volumes, so that the Avalon Osiris have found a very good partner in the Heisenberg. The STERN preliminary stage may require further interventions in the system. In contrast to the Jeff Rowland Criterion with about 20db gain, the Stern (completely the modern preamp) only delivers 8db gain.

This is not a problem with my Brinkmann Nyquist DAC and the RCM THERHIAA phono preamplifier, as both devices play very loudly (the RCM, for example, has up to 74db gain with MC).

But my Boulder 2008 is much quieter with about 64db gain.
The Heisenbergs are louder with almost 30db gain than many power amplifiers (the standard is mostly 26db gain), but another phono preamp with well over 70db gain is now on the wish list :)

Maybe there is something suitable from Audionet.

I really like the design that Hartmut Esslinger (formerly Frog Design) gave the devices!

Outside the weather is cloudy, snow is falling down...

now I'm looking forward to going on a musical journey with the Audionet devices :)

IMG_4899.jpg IMG_4903.jpg IMG_4905.jpg IMG_4907.jpg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Shakti! I am happy for you that you are delighted with the Heisenbergs!

Reactions: shakti

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is Shakti the most restless man in this hobby?

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Fortunately, the Heisenbergs also fit mine Critical Mass Systems Maxxum Ampstand, so that the Heisenberg was set up quickly. This was a real surprise to me, as my CMS Ampstand is a custom size and before it was able to host two of the JRDG M825 and now the Heisenberg do fit :)

Fortunately, however, I had been warned that the cold Heisenberg, fresh from the palette, would work, but not be fun.

So I allowed the amps to arrive for 2 days until they were at room temperature and only then listened more intensively.

The impression I had of the STERN continues with the Heisenbergs, compared to the Rowlands there is more information, more agility, more liveliness, even at low volumes, but the mid-range is a bit more "neutral" and less involving.

But especially in this area I was promised a development over the break-in period.

In this respect, Stern and Heisenberg have been running almost without interruption for about 2 weeks and are indeed playing better and better.

The devices go through the usual run-in curve, ie there are days when you think "it can stay that way" only to have lost a bit of the performance over night.

But after 2 weeks this slowly stabilizes at a high level. At least I hardly notice any differences between the days.

New "large" power amplifiers in particular can have such a great impact on loudspeaker reproduction that it is sometimes necessary to reposition the loudspeakers.

I will certainly continue to experiment with this parameter. In terms of cabling, the Audionets prefer the Black Label I XLR cable version to the more recent Black Label III version.

Fortunately, I have both cables there in sufficient length. As an alternative, I am currently looking for a 6 to 8m long MIT or transparent signal cable in XLR or RCA. Imagine that at this point I can still get a slightly better adaptation to my MIT speaker cables. MIT and Transparent Kabel also have a reputation for harmonizing particularly well with broadband amplifiers.

But even at the moment it is fun to listen to the Avalon Osiris, the ease with which the Heisenberg can operate these loudspeakers is enormous.

The two M825s were more powerful on paper, but obviously the Heisenberg copes better with the complex load of the Osiris than the Class D concept of the M825.

Since I hear rather quietly during the day, because I work in parallel, the sound result is as I presented it, because the liveliness gained is particularly positive when listening quietly, the music now appears authentic and real much earlier on SPL

The power reserves of the Heisenberg are also sufficient for higher volumes, so that the Avalon Osiris have found a very good partner in the Heisenberg. The STERN preliminary stage may require further interventions in the system. In contrast to the Jeff Rowland Criterion with about 20db gain, the Stern (completely the modern preamp) only delivers 8db gain.

This is not a problem with my Brinkmann Nyquist DAC and the RCM THERHIAA phono preamplifier, as both devices play very loudly (the RCM, for example, has up to 74db gain with MC).

The Heisenbergs are louder with almost 30db gain than many power amplifiers (the standard is mostly 26db gain), but another phono preamp with well over 70db gain is now on the wish list :)

I really like the design that Hartmut Esslinger (formerly Frog Design) gave the devices!

now I'm looking forward to going on a musical journey with the Audionet devices :)

View attachment 74199 View attachment 74201 View attachment 74200 View attachment 74202
Trow a couple of logs on the fire, perfect weather to stay inside and listen too music ! :)

Reactions: shakti

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

View attachment 74199 View attachment 74201 View attachment 74200 View attachment 74202
Looks very promising enjoy them and keep us updated!

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

What a awesome system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing